HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Apr 6, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #2,461 of 6,622
Yes of course we hope to fix it in the next update :frowning2:

Did the proposed operations you quoted work to restore order for now?

I'll give it a shot later today and report back, if I get the same issues, I'll post some screenshots on here so you see what's going on exactly.
thanks for replying.

Update: Just tried the steps you provided, had to rescan, etc....but the issues did not go away.
I'll post some screenshots later today.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #2,462 of 6,622
There never had been a distribution agreement with them. Now it's hard to say if there ever will be :p But well, an R6 is an R6 under anyone's name, we will support any unit sold anywhere as well as we can :)

Very noble of Hiby to still offer a support under these circumstances. Coincidentally, the exact same situation under a similar circumstances happened a few years ago with Cayin i5.

In general, when making purchases from various retailers and not sure about it, ask them if they have regional distribution rights, cause you can end up with an expensive purchase without manufacturing warranty.

Apr 6, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #2,464 of 6,622
@Joe Bloggs

You might already know the issue, but I want to make sure you see it. As mentioned before you can see Poweramp and Black Player has no issues pulling embedded album art.

MISSING_ALBUM_ART.png

In addition to missing album art, sometimes other album art is used instead of the embedded art, I have many albums that have really low-quality art even though "obtain cover art" is off.
Again, most of these issues would be resolved if the Hiby app would recognize the embedded art correctly. It does pick up the embedded art on some albums but not all.

I also noticed that Poweramp and Blackplayer takes about 5 times longer to scan the files and maybe that's not a bad thing, perhaps it's taking all that time to process the art. The Hiby app
scans audio files really fast and I'm wondering if it's because it's not processing the art on most files, not sure.

Last issue I found that others mentioned is that the Hiby app usually can't find the artwork on the first track of the album. Track 2 and on will show the art fine.

first-track.png

I'd uninstall Poweramp and Blackplayer once this is fixed, and although some of you don't really care about album art, many do.
This fix will no doubt keep people using the Hiby app exclusively, you would be surprised how many people hunt for another music app just because things like art is not working properly.

Also, consider having a Hiby Pro app that's a paid version so we don't have to press "Skip" on ads. I understand it's advertising for you guys but some people absolutely hate that and will leave the app,
you would be surprised how many people would pay for a premium version.

If you need me to send you audio files for testing let me know via PM
let's get this fixed once and for all. :)

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #2,465 of 6,622
Also, consider having a Hiby Pro app that's a paid version for we don't have to press "Skip" on ads. I understand it's advertising for you guys but some people absolutely hate that and will leave the app,
Just to add on that one:
HiBy DAPs should include the Pro version (if / when it is released). Only non-HiBy customers should actually pay extra (when using that app on an Android phone, for example).

Just my 2 cents.

Apr 6, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #2,467 of 6,622
“This fix will no doubt keep people using the Hiby app exclusively, you would be surprised how many people hunt for another music app just because things like art is not working properly.

Also, consider having a Hiby Pro app that's a paid version for we don't have to press "Skip" on ads. I understand it's advertising for you guys but some people absolutely hate that and will leave the app,

If you need me to send you audio files for testing let me know via PM
let's get this fixed once and for all. :)

Just to add on that one:
HiBy DAPs should include the Pro version (if / when it is released). Only non-HiBy customers should actually pay extra (when using that app on an Android phone, for example).

Just my 2 cents.
I’m confused. I’ve never seen an ad on the HiBy app on my R6.:thinking:

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #2,468 of 6,622
I’m confused. I’ve never seen an ad on the HiBy app on my R6.:thinking:
To be honest, I do not remember seeing an ad either. I was replying to a post by @Mezzi

Apr 7, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #2,472 of 6,622
The ad I'm referring to is an ad for the R3, I do have Wi-fi on so maybe that's it? Anyway, it's not a BIG deal but it would be nice to not have to hit the "Skip"
the ad doesn't happen every time, I think maybe when you close the app altogether then restart, you should see it. as mentioned by @Jjc27

Anyway, I can live with the ad, the missing album art though really needs to be handled.

Apr 7, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #2,473 of 6,622
Wow, I already bought the dang device for $650 . I think that's garbage to be subjected to the r3 ad upon state of the app. Sounds like I should immediately uninstall the hiby player from my new Hiby r6 when it comes arrives.

Oh but if I use the hiby player, it will be a great experience for sure bec- wait a minute, I forgot, the album artwork isn't displaying like it should in the hiby music app. Yeah probably not going to use the hiby app on it.

How the heck did a no album artwork glitch slip by in the quality control . Wow

Apr 7, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #2,474 of 6,622
I have been enjoying my R6 for almost 6 weeks now and never had a problem with album arts. I used mp3tag to tag mp3 and hires flac files. I also put the album art jpg file in every album forder and rename them to folder.jpg. For dsd and iso files, I make sure that the album art (folder.jpg) is in the album folder. Hiby music and neutron player display them perfectly. :)
20180407_125328.jpg

Apr 7, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #2,475 of 6,622
I have been enjoying my R6 for almost 6 weeks now and never had a problem with album arts. I used mp3tag to tag mp3 and hires flac files. I also put the album art jpg file in every album forder and rename them to folder.jpg. For dsd and iso files, I make sure that the album art (folder.jpg) is in the album folder. Hiby music and neutron player display them perfectly. :)
Thats good to hear. I should probably hold off on sharing my opinions on the player until I receive mine. My expectations are high

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back