HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Apr 6, 2018 at 5:06 AM Post #2,447 of 6,628
Will the R6 will be officially available in Europe some time?
Yes but as mentioned above, Indiegogo order fulfilment first.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 6, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #2,448 of 6,628
Deleted. Sorry. I posted my comment with one eye open at 6am. I only read through the comments on this page before I posted i didn't see the comment about the purchase source stuff.

Anyway I'm glad to see that Hiby is learning and is trying to do the right thing.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #2,451 of 6,628
Relax everyonw.Hiby is trying to make everything right now. Here's my email from Penon about my order that I placed on April 4th. Please remember that this was Hibys FIRST IGG campaign. They are still learning, they are listening, and they obviously want to do the right thing and make everyone happy. Everyone enjoy their Hibys!

Email from Penon today:

"
hi dear friend

thanks for your quick confirmation ,and due to it is Chinese 3 days holiday now for Tomb-sweeping Day , so we will ship out your parcel next Monday .once we update the order status , you will receive the email notification .
by the way , due to Hiby need ship out the R6 player to the customers of Crowdfunding first , so we have to remove R6 product from our website temporarily ,and relist it at the end of this Month as Hiby asked .
so could you pls keep the purchase source in secret at the moment ?
have a nice weenkend

PenonAudio"
Remind me not to tell you any secrets!

Apr 6, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #2,452 of 6,628
Excellent, thanks for the answer Joe. Now I'm gonna check Facebook and see if the pitchforks and torches have been put down.....

Apr 6, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #2,454 of 6,628
OHHHHHH. WOOPS! I REALLY should have read the last few comments before I made that post about he purchase source.

giphy.gif

A person you never met asked you to keep a secret from a whole crowd of folks who payed hard cold cash for an item.

so could you pls keep the purchase source in secret at the moment ? <<<<<<<<< Secret from whom?...nobody cares besides the backers.....so it was...the backers who were to be left in the dark. That's really cool.....not.

Thankfully Hiby is legit.

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #2,455 of 6,628
so could you pls keep the purchase source in secret at the moment ? <<<<<<<<< Secret from whom?...nobody cares besides the backers.....so it was...the backers who were to be left in the dark. That's really cool.....not.

Thankfully Hiby is legit.

I think the point here was that Penon is not meant to be selling them (yet) under their distribution agreement - but still sold one contrary to HiBy's instructions.

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #2,456 of 6,628
There never had been a distribution agreement with them. Now it's hard to say if there ever will be :p But well, an R6 is an R6 under anyone's name, we will support any unit sold anywhere as well as we can :)

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #2,457 of 6,628
Try resetting the HiBy Music app as follows:
1. Go to Settings-Apps-HiByMusic, tap Force Stop and OK, then tap Storage, Clear Data, OK
2. Go to File Manager, tap HibyMusic, tick AlbumArt and tap the 3 dot menu and tap Delete selection, YES

Relaunch HiByMusic and give permissions to the app again. Your music library will appear to be still there but crash once when you tap on a track to play. Now relaunch HiByMusic and the library will have to be rescanned. The obtain cover art setting should be off for default.

We will work on resolving this issue in the next update. If worst comes to worst we can just disable the feature until it works properly

@Joe Bloggs Are you guys still planning on fixing the album art issue on the next app release?

Poweramp, Black Player all see the album art fine.

Issues are:

Missing art in "album view"
Sometimes art is missing from track 1, the rest are usually fine.
Sometimes low-quality art and different art gets attached to an album even though the setting is to not download art

The fix would be simply to read the embedded art correctly like the other player do.
That would solve all the issues above.

If you need screenshots let me know.

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #2,459 of 6,628
@Joe Bloggs Are you guys still planning on fixing the album art issue on the next app release?

Poweramp, Black Player all see the album art fine.

Issues are:

Missing art in "album view"
Sometimes art is missing from track 1, the rest are usually fine.
Sometimes low-quality art and different art gets attached to an album even though the setting is to not download art

The fix would be simply to read the embedded art correctly like the other player do.
That would solve all the issues above.

If you need screenshots let me know.

Yes of course we hope to fix it in the next update :frowning2:

Did the proposed operations you quoted work to restore order for now?

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #2,460 of 6,628
Hey Joe, off the cuff i dont remember my backing number but is it imperative you use Fedex or DHL for delivery to India? I was hoping Singapore Post or China Post would be the preferred logistics partner for India at least. The problem is duty would be charged through fedex and DHL at about 40% of the total declared value. That makes the final price paid a little on the higher side. Almost $70 + on customs duty perhaps.

EDIT: OOps i thought i was on the R3 thread. Apologies!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back