HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Apr 5, 2018 at 6:21 AM Post #2,416 of 6,622
Before jumping on the hate HiBy wagon I reckon you should wait to see the response from @Joe Bloggs, secondarily retailers have a opportunity to buy from them at Indiegogo just like us so they can sell them sooner than normal retail dates. So let the team respond before jumping down their throats guys! :) They’ve been excellent so far!

Yeah Guys! I mean C’mon! What’s the hate all about? If your not happy with Hiby @Joe Bloggs service then might as well take your chances and refund. Go buy another DAP and Stop bugging this forums with your senseless attitudes. We are all waiting for it C’mon!

Apr 5, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #2,417 of 6,622
To be clear, my post was frustration, not hate for hiby. I really want the r6 and have watched the ship date move from March to April.

But it's disappointing to see this in stock at penon prior to my 2 month old order shipping, with only the vague clue that it should ship in early April. There are a lot of possible explanations on how this could happen, some benign, some not so benign, it's just disappointing and my patience is wearing thinner now that i see that....

Also, about the refund thing, my order is"locked" on IGG and has been for some time, and as far as I know, refund or cancelling isn't an option.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #2,418 of 6,622
Hate? No hate... Just a principle thing here.

And do you really believe a retailer would buy at IGG? That's laughable.

Yes still curious what the answer will be.... I hope he send the last waiting backers at the same time as Penon.

But one thing for sure HiBy's trustworthy is at a lower level personally .

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #2,420 of 6,622
Hate? No hate... Just a principle thing here.

And do you really believe a retailer would by at IGG? That's laughable.

Yes still curious what the answer will be.... I hope he send the last waiting backers at the same time as Penon.
What worries me is that my order number is in the mid 800s. For those 1000+, who knows when they'll ship in comparison to when they could have gotten it from penon.

Apr 5, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #2,421 of 6,622
It’s really a shame to read of the frustration of some later backers- ideally there would be a gap of a few weeks between supply to final IGG backers and first available retail orders. And certainly no overlap. It’s a shame because in my view the first phase of the IGG campaign was pretty flawless. I was backer 78 for SS. I anticipated getting the R6 by the end of March and was delighted to have it in February.

Please try to have some faith in @Joe Bloggs and his team. I know I reflect the overwhelming majority of R6 users in saying that Hiby has produced a fantastic product which for many is or comes close to end game. My experience so far is that Hiby delivers...I’m certain they will for later backers too.

Give yourself a week listening to it, and you’ll quickly forget how long the shipping took.

Apr 5, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #2,422 of 6,622
What worries me is that my order number is in the mid 800s. For those 1000+, who knows when they'll ship in comparison to when they could have gotten it from penon.

My order number's in the 1300s. I recently enquired with Hiby regarding an estimate on the delivery date since I am going to move in 2-3 months time and I was wondering if I should send it to another address instead, and Hiby replied that I do not need to change my address since it "won't take that long". Hope Hiby already has plans for the IGG backers.

Apr 5, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #2,423 of 6,622
For you guys waiting....

Go out and have a little fun, drink a few beers, go on a few dates, be easy.
Seriously, it will arrive at your doorstep soon enough, stop obsessing.

relax_by_the_sea_by_irish_to_be_sure.jpg

Apr 5, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #2,426 of 6,622
I see a lot of comments from people who had the opportunity to fund the project BEFORE the initial funding deadline ended. Those people decided to fund the R6 after more reviews were released. As far as I know, the initial orders were the only ones that were promised by March. They were delivered in February! HiBy did exactly what they promised on IGG. Way to go @Joe Bloggs !

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #2,427 of 6,622
I see a lot of comments from people who had the opportunity to fund the project BEFORE the initial funding deadline ended. Those people decided to fund the R6 after more reviews were released. As far as I know, the initial orders were the only ones that were promised by March. They were delivered in February! HiBy did exactly what they promised on IGG. Way to go @Joe Bloggs !

They should be forced to turn in their Hibys and be forced to use Fiio X5s again, SMH. This could have been a failure of No Man Sky proportions but instead you got one of the best DAPs ever made. Say thank you.

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #2,428 of 6,622
Incorrect, When I ordered in February, the estimated ship date was March. That's not what I have an issue with.

It's's that March turned to April, as can happen, but my order hasn't shipped yet but somehow there are retail units available prior to the IGG orders being fulfilled?

Seems fishy, like that date got pushed so some of the units they were producing could get to retail instead of the later IGG backers. If they wanted to do that they should have just closed the campaign. If I had known I'd be waiting until it'd be available for retail I would have had the choice to wait, pay a little more through penon but perhaps get it quicker, I'm not sure I would have placed the IGG order at all (inherent risk of IGG orders versus a penon order)....

I think the assumption was that all IGG backers, regardless of order date, would get this prior to anyone being able to buy it retail, and now for a large number of us, that is not be the case. But we really don't have the ability to cancel the IGG order and get it sooner since the orders are all locked. We've taken hiby at their word that they're focusing on the IGG orders, but the fact that it's on penon now is certainly fishy.... I just hope it ships soon. I've got my iematch and balanced cables ready to go. As for chilling out, this is honestly like a 2 out of 10 on my annoyance meter, I am not overly concerned about it, just like to give honest feedback so hiby can know what people are thinking. Like I said, I might me more annoyed if my order number were 1000+.

Some of the people on the Facebook user group are TRULY up in arms over this...

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #2,429 of 6,622
Before jumping on the hate HiBy wagon I reckon you should wait to see the response from @Joe Bloggs, secondarily retailers have a opportunity to buy from them at Indiegogo just like us so they can sell them sooner than normal retail dates. So let the team respond before jumping down their throats guys! :) They’ve been excellent so far!
:thumbsup: Fair enough. I didn't anticipate retailers could also use crowdfunding.
Then it's a question of transparency, and communication to backers. On other campaigns this has been poor, with no explanation of why items were purchasable on other platforms before all backers recieved their pledge.
But as I wrote, I have only positive experience with this R6 campaign and Hiby. So be patient, fellows.

Apr 5, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #2,430 of 6,622
Quite

I think the term "hate" is a bit strong here. Frustation, sure, irritation and so on but not hate. At the end of the day it is just an mp3 player. Did think it was a little off announcing the R3 crowdfunding before the R6 project had been completed (and to be fair Joe did respond to that), and now the penon thing (has anyone actually verified that penon do have stock to ship? Maybe it's a chinese variation without google play installed or something?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back