HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Feb 12, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #1,336 of 6,622
@mkpott : could you try with another external microsd card ? (as I see you use a 400GBcard). Maybe it work only in FAT32 for now (I mean for windows explorer to see the card with the R6 attached to the PC) ?

edit : Have you ever tried to format the card in android (in the R6) ? Because from what I read, you haven't (it was formatted in another DAP, then in Windows). In android 6+ that could be the problem.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #1,337 of 6,622
Do you then have to load all of your music files on the PC with a card reader and then reinsert the card into the unit? I have 4 units (Fiio, iBasso & Cayin as well as R6) and I've never encountered this before. It will mean that the card will need to be moved much more often and will therefore make the tray a bit of a pain.

Yes that would be what I would have to do. It was a pain, although I no longer use the tablet as a source. My sister has a Samsung phone that is the same way. I haven't experienced it on any other devices.

Feb 12, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #1,338 of 6,622
@mkpott : could you try with another external microsd card ? (as I see you use a 400GBcard). Maybe it work only in FAT32 for now (I mean for windows explorer to see the card with the R6 attached to the PC) ?

edit : Have you ever tried to format the card in android (in the R6) ? Because from what I read, you haven't (it was formatted in another DAP, then in Windows). In android 6+ that could be the problem.
Yes, I've tried it with a 64gb a128gb and a 200gb all with the same result. I've tried formatting in the R6 as well as windows. I've made sure that they were formatted in FAT32 by using a disk management program that allowed me to format large cards into FAT32. The R6 can then read them but they cannot be seen on file explorer on the PC. My next move is to load a card that can be viewed in the R6 with files using a card reader and then to try that back in the R6.
I feel sure that if this was normal then at least one of the reviewers would have mentioned it.

Feb 12, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #1,344 of 6,622
Wow! Talk about not resting on their laurels...:astonished:

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends
R6 on its way. That means I do not need R3... right? RIGHT? RIGHT?! :astonished:

Feb 12, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #1,346 of 6,622
So where will the R3 be in comparison to the R6? It seems cool, small and aesthetically pleasing! I’m trying to tell myself I don’t need it seeing as I’ve just received my R6! What do I do?!

Feb 12, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #1,348 of 6,622
My R6 is supposed to be delivered today...and I am STILL looking at the R3 video and going, "Hmmm"...:wink:

Cheers:beerchug:
-HK sends
I hear you... I am in the same boat. HiBy is pure evil :rage:

Feb 12, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #1,349 of 6,622
Thanks oliwek2
I've reformatted the card on Windows 10 PC (couldn't format to FAT32 so used ExFAT). Put it back in R6 and reformatted again. R6 now shows card in Settings/Storage & USB correctly as 361Gb. USB is set to File Transfer but when I connect the R6 to my PC the card is not showing in File Explorer. R6 is showing in Devices and Drives but when I open this only the Internal memory shows up. I would normally expect the SD card to show as a separate drive but no additional drive is showing.

Thanks for your help.
Mine was doing the same thing. Turn the player on and connect to the computer. Swipe down from the top of the player screen and it brings up options to charge or transfer files. Choose transfer files. My sd now shows up on my computer. Hope this helps.

Feb 12, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #1,350 of 6,622
So where will the R3 be in comparison to the R6? It seems cool, small and aesthetically pleasing! I’m trying to tell myself I don’t need it seeing as I’ve just received my R6! What do I do?!
Or...end up like me with a FiiO X5 Gen II, X5 Gen III, X7 Gen II, and waiting for the R6 to be delivered while looking at the R3 promo video...:wink::smiling_imp::wink:

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back