HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Feb 14, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #1,442 of 6,628
Hmzzz i thought this was one of the main selling points of the R6.
DTA play also on third party stream apps... Did the owners testing Spotify and Deezer?

SS on backup number 192???wow i have to be very patient #755

Feb 14, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #1,443 of 6,628
I'm a little confused. Is there a workaround that will enable Tidal content to take advantage of DTA? Is that why UAPP was mentioned? Or at present is it not possible to take advantage of DTA with streaming and/or offline (downloaded) Tidal content?

And I agree with folks above that being able to take advantage of DTA with Tidal was THE big selling point of th R6 (and potentially the upcoming R3).

Feb 14, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #1,444 of 6,628
Hmzzz i thought this was one of the main selling points of the R6.
DTA play also on third party stream apps... Did the owners testing Spotify and Deezer?

SS on backup number 192???wow i have to be very patient #755

Well so far we have no reason to suspect Spotify and Deezer stream music at anything other than 44.1kHz, and that's what our player reports when streaming from these.

We did test with MusixMatch and SoundCloud though, with which we had no prior cooperation software-wise:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 14, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #1,445 of 6,628
I'm a little confused. Is there a workaround that will enable Tidal content to take advantage of DTA? Is that why UAPP was mentioned?

Yes, if you run UAPP and enable "Play through Android" and set the Android sample rate to "Variable rate", the Android sample rate will follow the File rate and be also reflected in the sample rate readout on the status bar up top which is read directly off the DAC.

And again, no prior cooperative work with UAPP was required for this.

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 14, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #1,446 of 6,628
Yes, if you run UAPP and enable "Play through Android" and set the Android sample rate to "Variable rate", the Android sample rate will follow the File rate and be also reflected in the sample rate readout on the status bar up top which is read directly off the DAC.

Great to know. Many thanks and what a relief!

Feb 14, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #1,447 of 6,628
Hi guys, first post in months! Have been lurking though on this thread daily.

Bought the R6 in black and received it, it's a lovely device. Got tired of stacking my mojo, which I will now be selling.

Just wondering, I use tidal for my streaming, is the R6 bypassing android sampling etc and using it's full sonic potential this way? It says 44.1k on my device, sounds great with my b&w p7 wireless. Haven't used them in bt mode yet though.

Do I have to install UAPP to get the players full potential?

Thanks
Been reading great things about the R6. Been hesitant to pull the trigger as I feel I have the great white unicorn of Android devices that can be used as DAPs. My Sony Z3 rolled back to Android 4.4.4 does bit-perfect audio via USB, using all audio apps. Any DAC I connect gives me the non-resampled audio I'm looks NG for from Spotify, Tidal, Google play music, Soundcloud, etc. So imI kinda ok with 3m taping a DAC/amp to the back of a case and putting in a holster. Currently using dragonfly red paired with JDS Labs C5. How much for your mojo?

Feb 14, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #1,452 of 6,628

And again, no prior cooperative work with UAPP was required for this.

Hi that is not accurate. UAPP bitperfect feature only works with external USB DAC's not with internal. That is the main reason of existence of USB Audio player pro app. I'm a beta tester of the new version with a Hi Res driver for some selected smartphones like LG V20/V30 with Hifi Dac, and it is under development. With that phones the bit perfect feature will work. But out of that the current google play version will not work as you said.

@Joe Bloggs, I asked you a few days ago if DTA works 100% with Spotify and Tidal and you said YES. Please can you check at least if Spotify works fine without resampling? It is a little bit sad to read all the "invited" reviewers and none found the issue or a least tested carefully with popular streaming services.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #1,453 of 6,628
Woohoo! Just got my shipping notification for SS R6. My priority number is 192

Sweeet, more people should post their order number too! But at the same time, I’m sure they are shipping out by country or continent and not by order number?

But if it’s by order number looks like the SS orders are halfway to my order :xf_eek:

EDIT: Got too excited, I see that black and aluminum have shared numbering in the orders. :’(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back