HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Feb 5, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #1,186 of 6,622
Besides VIPs and reviewers any "normal" person is getting shipment from indiegogo orders?

As far as i can see Bona f pardede is a "normal" person / consumer?
So my guess is we will be seeing more happy R6 backers flooding the thread..... guess my impatience will be tested a little bit more.

Feb 5, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #1,189 of 6,622
A comment from the HiBy team on the indiegogo site has stated that mass production has started. I'm guessing that those orders closer to China are being delivered first. The rest are probably being loaded on a boat somewhere.

Feb 5, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #1,190 of 6,622
The separate line out connector will not include the headphone amplification portion of the circuit.

Balanced is not a panacea in itself. Properly implemented SE will always sound better than poorly implemented SE. Thus, keep your life simple: with your R6, use the SE headphone out for 3.5mm-terminated headphones, balanced out for 2.5mm TRRS-terminated headphones, and 3.5mm line out for an analog output to an external amp/home stereo/etc.

I bought a 2.5 trrs make to rsa/alo cable that I use on my x7 gen II 2.5 balanced out to my balanced Firestone Audio fireye hdb amp. It works, sounds great too.

Feb 5, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #1,191 of 6,622
Yes, i used a forwarder from Hongkong to ship it to my country.. maybe thats why I got it so fast.. extra $35 but worth it.. the leather case on the other hand directly ship to me has not arrived yet..

Sadly no magic8 in my hiby.. waiting for firmware update.

Feb 6, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #1,192 of 6,622
Yeah, ok. So you got one of the first run of domestic units where people have reported light leakage from the USB port. This issue is what's being fixed in the main production run that's currently going on.

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #1,194 of 6,622
Update from HiBy on the Indiegogo page says that shipping will start this week, pending final inspections. People being sent items via Indiegogo pledges should also receive a tracking number.

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:24 AM Post #1,196 of 6,622
I ordered the Stainless Steel so I have to wait a little longer.
Meanwhile I hope someone post their experiences with the R6 here, both usability and sound.

Ohw can't wait to get my hands on the sexy thing!!!

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #1,197 of 6,622
I ordered the Stainless Steel so I have to wait a little longer.
Meanwhile I hope someone post their experiences with the R6 here, both usability and sound.

Ohw can't wait to get my hands on the sexy thing!!!

I tell myself that the SS R6 is the end for me, so happy to wait. I know it’s a delusional thought...but looking forward to a long overdue selloff of DAP and dac/amp inventory.

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:38 AM Post #1,198 of 6,622
Can't wait! I can't believe the first time I jump into crowdfunding (my order is from 6 days ago) it goes so smoothly. Looks like it's a serious company. Great!

whkuxuams9wze9idyhyo.png

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #1,200 of 6,622
With free shipping from China I guess they will use simple postal services. I'm from Spain and I asked about custom taxes and they said they will help with the value declaration. As usual with nice chinese sellers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back