HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Feb 4, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #1,171 of 6,628
Line Out circuits usually cut right before the Power Amplifier stage, leaving the signal pretty clean though, it shouldn't be the same as the headphone signal.
Thanks for catching my word error—I meant to say, “headphone out to am amp will be bi-amping...”

Feb 4, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #1,172 of 6,628
Thanks for catching my word error—I meant to say, “headphone out to am amp will be bi-amping...”

That is true, and should be avoided whenever possible. Some DAPs have a LO option that engages a different circuit, but unless that happens, bi-amping is not good for the signal :darthsmile:

Feb 4, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #1,173 of 6,628
Finally bit the bullet and ordered my first ever DAP.. the R6. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to enable bs2b on android? I don't normally mess around with any kind of sound settings but I have found bs2b makes a huge difference (for me) on IEMs and makes listening to music much more comfortable for long periods of time.

If not, maybe I can beg/persuade them to add it to the Hiby music app!

Feb 5, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #1,174 of 6,628
R6 does not have a balanced line out. Buy a KANN if you want to try that; IMO line out will always be double-amping out of a headphone socket, balanced or not.

That's what I think also.. .On the Cayin N3 the line out is just volume at maximum.
So why would that be a problem on balanced out.?
Or they did a properly line out on SE without amplification.

Feb 5, 2018 at 3:02 AM Post #1,175 of 6,628
15178173030881277709255.jpg
What a surpriseeee.. just got mine today.. Yayyy...

Big Thanks @Joe Bloggs for this fast shipment.. can not to go home and play with this baby..

As promised, Silicone and TG also included inside the package.

Cheerssss

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018 at 3:06 AM Post #1,176 of 6,628

Big Thanks @Joe Bloggs for this fast shipment.. can not to go home and play with this baby..

Cheerssss
Congratulations!!! is it still warm from the production line?? 27/01/18

What version is this? Black aluminium?

Feb 5, 2018 at 4:07 AM Post #1,181 of 6,628

WOW I love those surprises!!
Keep us posted!!

Feb 5, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #1,182 of 6,628
That's what I think also.. .On the Cayin N3 the line out is just volume at maximum.
So why would that be a problem on balanced out.?
Or they did a properly line out on SE without amplification.
The separate line out connector will not include the headphone amplification portion of the circuit.

Balanced is not a panacea in itself. Properly implemented SE will always sound better than poorly implemented SE. Thus, keep your life simple: with your R6, use the SE headphone out for 3.5mm-terminated headphones, balanced out for 2.5mm TRRS-terminated headphones, and 3.5mm line out for an analog output to an external amp/home stereo/etc.

Feb 5, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #1,183 of 6,628

Cheerssss
That’s fantastic! Congrats!!

Feb 5, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #1,184 of 6,628

Cheerssss

I’m so jealous! Hope mine will be on it’s way soon, too! Did you get any shipment notification? Or just a random arrival?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back