HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Dec 25, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #631 of 6,622
20171226_130838[1].jpg

20171226_131227[1].jpg

Dec 26, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #632 of 6,622
I would love to back this but I’ve had nothing but bad luck on indiegogo. I backed Seiun for the pro x and pha and they still aren’t out yet. I backed Kanoa and they went bust (luckily I did get my refund first). I wanted to back Adele over a year ago but they are still fiddling around. I don’t know if I can bring myself to back another indiegogo campaign. This player looks legit. They say March ship date but I feel it’ll be this time next year and we’ll still be waiting for it. Are they ready for production now? Is it final design or are they still tweaking? Is factory set up etc.

Dec 26, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #633 of 6,622
I would love to back this but I’ve had nothing but bad luck on indiegogo. I backed Seiun for the pro x and pha and they still aren’t out yet. I backed Kanoa and they went bust (luckily I did get my refund first). I wanted to back Adele over a year ago but they are still fiddling around. I don’t know if I can bring myself to back another indiegogo campaign. This player looks legit. They say March ship date but I feel it’ll be this time next year and we’ll still be waiting for it. Are they ready for production now? Is it final design or are they still tweaking? Is factory set up etc.
I think @Joe Bloggs has said that the fw is getting its final touches but everything else is finalized and they are getting the production pipeline ready

Dec 26, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #634 of 6,622
I think @Joe Bloggs has said that the fw is getting its final touches but everything else is finalized and they are getting the production pipeline ready

You cited some of the worst campaigns in IGG. I backed Echobox and they were well over a year late too. I too won't do anymore crowdfunding. My guess, and this is only my opinion, is that this player won't ship exactly on time, but also won't miss the date by more than a month or two. Typically a little more time is needed than anticipated to iron out last minute bugs and problems. Also don't expect perfection upon release, usually a number of firmware updates are needed to improve the device. I won't be buying this unit due to the high OI, but I wouldn't be at all concerned HiBy will deliver at least reasonably on time and provide ongoing support.

Dec 26, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #635 of 6,622

You can always wait until retail. I bet you already have a player. Yes it will be more expensive. But you save yourself the misery. It's just like buying a premium for insurance. You lose a little for the sure thing. Or you can make a bet to save a little, but you may end up losing more.

Dec 27, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #639 of 6,622
Joe Bloggs,

Does the eq (8 ball) affect streaming apps as well, particularly Tidal?
As of now no.

Joe Bloggs,

The R6 is supposed to be grounded to the chassis, right? If it is, can we expect superior SQ in SS model over the aluminium one?This theory is based on AK380 SS/cooper vs AK380 aluminium, AK SP1000 SS vs Cooper, and Sony WM1Z vs WM1A...

Hello Rewin,
Unlike the cited exampes, in our design the chassis material does not materially affect the audio output. :)

LRM_EXPORT_20171227_123153-small.jpg

Some are boxed up and ready to go--to reviewers in China and overseas. The design is final and we're using the funds from the campaign (the goal having been met) to set up at a larger factory for mass production. The major (relatively speaking) possible obstacle to shipping on time would be the long Chinese New Year holidays from middle to end of February. Which as you can imagine would only cause at most a temporary setback if e.g. key factory personnel get stuck in traffic getting back to work from the holidays. :)

Quick question. Does Hiby R6 support Tidal MQA ?
Presently not directly but we are in talks with MQA. You should however be able to stream losslessly from Tidal into a USB DAC with MQA support.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 27, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #641 of 6,622
As of now no.

Hello Rewin,
Unlike the cited exampes, in our design the chassis material does not materially affect the audio output. :)

Some are boxed up and ready to go--to reviewers in China and overseas. The design is final and we're using the funds from the campaign (the goal having been met) to set up at a larger factory for mass production. The major (relatively speaking) possible obstacle to shipping on time would be the long Chinese New Year holidays from middle to end of February. Which as you can imagine would only cause at most a temporary setback if e.g. key factory personnel get stuck in traffic getting back to work from the holidays. :)

Presently not directly but we are in talks with MQA. You should however be able to stream losslessly from Tidal into a USB DAC with MQA support.

Thanks for the direct response. Is it possible to get the eq to affect streaming audio (are you guys looking into that), or is that something that can’t be done?
You’re far enough along for me to back.

Dec 27, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #642 of 6,622
Thanks for the direct response. Is it possible to get the eq to affect streaming audio (are you guys looking into that), or is that something that can’t be done?
You’re far enough along for me to back.

I was discussing this in the company just today. It can certainly be done but we're not promising that it will be done at launch or that it will be done at all (though the latter certainly seems likely) :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 27, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #644 of 6,622
This looks incredible. Unfortunately, I doubt the Output Impedance will play nicely with my Sennheisers Ie800 :frowning2:

Is there anything I can do (adaptors, amps, etc) to resolve this? I would really like this device based on most things I've seen and read

Dec 27, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #645 of 6,622
This looks incredible. Unfortunately, I doubt the Output Impedance will play nicely with my Sennheisers Ie800 :frowning2:

Is there anything I can do (adaptors, amps, etc) to resolve this? I would really like this device based on most things I've seen and read
A ifi audio iematch should solve any problems if any?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back