HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Dec 23, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #616 of 6,622
Hey Chris,

Any chance you could share a pic of the custom eq settings that are available? The Mage 8 app looks pretty darn cool and I have seen the hints of the parametric eq coming but have not been able to find anything regarding any other eq customization that will be included (hoping a 10 band/full octave or even better a 1/3 octave :ksc75smile: but I don't think the hardware and/or software are really geared towards 1/3). Anyways - keep up the great work and fantastic reviews/pics/info you bring our way - it is truly appreciated!

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Cheers,
Tim

I gotta Christmas Prty to host so not today but maybe tomorrow :)

Dec 23, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #617 of 6,622
Just checked the SS R6. Planning to use it with Hifiman HE400S, A&K T8iE MKII and Audeze iSine 20. None of them have complex or low impedance curves (actually A&K is stated at 16Ohms, but is dynamic), so I think the higher impedance will not be a issue here.
Hello @Joe Bloggs,
What can you tell me about the earbuds being offered on the INDIEGOGO page? They are called "Hiby Seeds Earphones". Just thinking about going for THAT perk to ensure I will have good working earphones with the player in case the LZ Z4 is a bad match. Thanks.

Some more specs on the Seeds that were not on the IGG page:

Make / Model: HiBy Seeds
Wear style: In-ear, wire around ear
Impedance: 50Ω
Sensitivity: 110dB/mW | 123dB/V
Drive type: wired, dynamic In-line mic / remote: none
Connection type: 2.5mm balanced
Jack shape: L-shaped Wire length: 1.2m

Soundwise I hear them as balanced tending toward the detailed side, a bit cooler and lighter on bass than others may call neutral, with good quality treble (not that much in the way of spikes / resonances) and the relatively high impedance dynamic drivers yielding a flat impedance curve.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 23, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #618 of 6,622
A/U12t and TIA Trio, and probably refresh of their other sub 12-driver models, are now feature LID technology, similar to FIBAE, which makes sound independent of output impedance of the source.

Any chance the Fourte having this feature? If not, would you know how the Fourte might react with this DAP? I really like the features on this DAP, but I pulled the trigger for the Fourte, which will be arriving in two days.

Dec 24, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #619 of 6,622
Any chance the Fourte having this feature? If not, would you know how the Fourte might react with this DAP? I really like the features on this DAP, but I pulled the trigger for the Fourte, which will be arriving in two days.

Neither Fourte nor A/U18t will have LID. Sorry, don't want to speculate about R6 pair up since I don't have it.

Dec 24, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #620 of 6,622
Hey Chris,

Any chance you could share a pic of the custom eq settings that are available? The Mage 8 app looks pretty darn cool and I have seen the hints of the parametric eq coming but have not been able to find anything regarding any other eq customization that will be included (hoping a 10 band/full octave or even better a 1/3 octave :ksc75smile: but I don't think the hardware and/or software are really geared towards 1/3). Anyways - keep up the great work and fantastic reviews/pics/info you bring our way - it is truly appreciated!

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Cheers,
Tim

Excuse me bro, I was making memories. 92 folks fed food and toys...I am dead tired , Merry Christmas.
The girls have no idea that's their dad next to them. I wanna be 5 again......aaaaanyway.

20171224_191736.jpg

Screenshot_20171225-001117[1].png

Has the standard pre-sets and the DSP is still being worked on.
Not even gonna mess with it till Joe gives the thumbs up :)

Screenshot_20171219-010442[1].png

Dec 25, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #624 of 6,622
So what is the battery life / charge like on this? 10-12 hrs?

Dec 25, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #626 of 6,622
I gotta do a battery drain test but it is between 8-10 for me so far

Note that power dissipated by the amp section would be doubled when using the balanced headphone port.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 25, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #627 of 6,622
Merry Christmas guys!!
Thanks for that info Joe
Chirs one of these days you gotta do both test mate, SE as well as balanced battery test (if you dont mind) :)

Dec 25, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #630 of 6,622
Joe Bloggs,

The R6 is supposed to be grounded to the chassis, right? If it is, can we expect superior SQ in SS model over the aluminium one?This theory is based on AK380 SS/cooper vs AK380 aluminium, AK SP1000 SS vs Cooper, and Sony WM1Z vs WM1A...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back