HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Sep 17, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #46 of 6,628
My feeling also. Maybe due to the fact that two major Hiby partners (Cayin and Shanling) are launching potentially competing products

Sep 17, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #47 of 6,628
I suspect there is a major delay as Joe bloggs can't come up with any news for quite a white

I suspect he's receiving PM from folks who want free demo units and he's trying to figure out who has traffic and influence or if he can avoid the gimmie free crew and manage the roll out as best he can.

Joe, I'll pay for mine and it will get good traffic:thumbsup:

Sep 17, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #48 of 6,628
I suspect there is a major delay as Joe bloggs can't come up with any news for quite a white

Really? Didn't @Joe Bloggs just 2 weeks and 4 days ago, post photos and a note saying that the SS R6 would be released first, followed by an Aluminum version ?

Would expect Joe to continue to keep us up to date as he is HiBy's designated spokesman.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 1:18 AM Post #50 of 6,628
Dear all,
Sorry for the delay in updates. There has been a "major" delay of one month from the last announced release time, i.e. it's going to be released next month in China. Meanwhile I'm going to gather up some previewers to get some impressions on our new player internationally soon :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 20, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #51 of 6,628
Dear all,
Sorry for the delay in updates. There has been a "major" delay of one month from the last announced release time, i.e. it's going to be released next month in China. Meanwhile I'm going to gather up some previewers to get some impressions on our new player internationally soon :)
Thanks for the info, can't wait to see this one. Oh and gather this way please. :yum:

Sep 20, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #53 of 6,628
This looks really great.

Sep 24, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #54 of 6,628
Dear all,

That's great, Joe! Full steam ahead

Oct 5, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #56 of 6,628
Just a bump to keep this thread alive. *grin*

China is still having their National day holiday so we won't hear much yet.
Still I should reward you with some latest message I saw from Hiby.
They said that it would be available on JD.com mid-Oct.
However personally I am not optimistic about a very soon overseas release as the production capacity of the steel case might be an issue.
137b49d2d539b600569d5ab2e250352ac75cb79e.jpg
4d83d3ae2edda3ccf5b7ed250ae93901203f929e.jpg

Oct 5, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #57 of 6,628
That brushed metal casing does look lush.

Oct 15, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #59 of 6,628
Early repeated valid criticism can kill a device's image permanently.

Delaying a release can also ding enthusiasm but it can be gotten over by positive reception.

4 years watching this stuff and that seems to be true in most cases. I hope Joe and them focus on the details of the device and not the date on a calendar. :)

Oct 15, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #60 of 6,628
Early repeated valid criticism can kill a device's image permanently.

Delaying a release can also ding enthusiasm but it can be gotten over by positive reception.

4 years watching this stuff and that seems to be true in most cases. I hope Joe and them focus on the details of the device and not the date on a calendar. :)
i agree with you and good to see you back in action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back