HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Feb 19, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #5,537 of 6,628
I May be wrong but I seem to remember reading somewhere that they came with a screen protector fitted?
I just had a look and feel at mine and I think that may be correct. I'm in bed looking with a head torch, admittedly. My light pull cords knackered and I can't be arsed getting of bed. Mine did come with a glass one to apply if wanted, if I can feel one it's plastic because the edge isn't beveled.
Could be worth checking and removing if that's the case.
I've read that too, but as far as I can detect with my eyes and fingernail, there isn't one on this one. My R3 (also ordered from Amazon) didn't come with one either, though the glass-type you mention was included in the packages. There is a protector on the backs of both of my R3 and R6, however. Both of them were sealed and looked brand-new, so as far as I know they came fresh from Hiby.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #5,538 of 6,628
I've read that too, but as far as I can detect with my eyes and fingernail, there isn't one on this one. My R3 (also ordered from Amazon) didn't come with one either, though the glass-type you mention was included in the packages. There is a protector on the backs of both of my R3 and R6, however. Both of them were sealed and looked brand-new, so as far as I know they came fresh from Hiby.
Joe Bloggs should be able to help you out with getting your unit serviced/replaced by HiBy - he is back working for them and has done an outstanding job helping folks out. He usually posts replies in this thread and other HiBy product threads but you could also send him a PM to be more direct.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

Feb 19, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #5,539 of 6,628
Anyone else having screen issues? My R6 freaks out and I start getting 'phantom' touches on the screen. What's weird is that I get swipe-type touches, not just single-point touches... as if some invisible finger is trying to swipe to the right. It's very frustrating, especially when trying to listen to a song and then suddenly the album changes or stops, or even closes out completely. This is on the latest 8.1 and happens with it in or out of the Hiby R6 leather case.
I have noticed the Hiby music app as not being terribly responsive. I am using Neutron music and it responds much better. May want to try that as a test.

Feb 20, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #5,540 of 6,628
Thanks, Tim-

Another factory reset and I had trouble even making it through the Google sign-in, so I guess it has to go back (again). Unfortunately it's outside the 30-day Amazon return period and is a second return, so it looks like it needs to go to Hiby. I'm unable to find out how to initiate such a return on their website - any clues?

Cheers.
-a
Sorry to hear about your issue.

You'll want to email service@hiby.com and ask them to send you their RMA google form. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 20, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #5,541 of 6,628
Is the r6 really laggy for any of you? I can’t adjust 31hz on the eq, the MSEB is incredibly hard to adjust as well. It seems really frustrating to use since it feels extremely slow.
Might want to check that your screen is registering touches properly.
1. Go to Settings->System->About phone (R6pro)->tap on Build number several times to enable the Developer Options menu.
2. Go back up one level to System and tap Developer options
3. Scroll down to Input and turn on Pointer location to show lines highlighting every touch action.
4. Turn this off once you have confirmed an issue does / does not exist.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 20, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #5,542 of 6,628
Might want to check that your screen is registering touches properly.
1. Go to Settings->System->About phone (R6pro)->tap on Build number several times to enable the Developer Options menu.
2. Go back up one level to System and tap Developer options
3. Scroll down to Input and turn on Pointer location to show lines highlighting every touch action.
4. Turn this off once you have confirmed an issue does / does not exist.

I did that, and on the r6 , left hand side there seems to be an entire deadzone from the top to bottom of the screen where my touch doesnt register.
It seems to be like 15-20% in width,top to bottom with zero response.

I bought this from a head-fi user that said it was in excellent condition and had no problems.

Can this be a firmwire/os issue ? Or is it just faulty at this point?

Feb 20, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #5,543 of 6,628
I did that, and on the r6 , left hand side there seems to be an entire deadzone from the top to bottom of the screen where my touch doesnt register.
It seems to be like 15-20% in width,top to bottom with zero response.

I bought this from a head-fi user that said it was in excellent condition and had no problems.

Can this be a firmwire/os issue ? Or is it just faulty at this point?

It should be faulty. Email service@hiby.com for instructions.

Feb 20, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #5,544 of 6,628
Anyone using etymotic with the r6? A single ba shouldn't be an issue should it? Seriously thinking of getting the etymotic er3xr

Feb 20, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #5,545 of 6,628
Anyone using etymotic with the r6? A single ba shouldn't be an issue should it? Seriously thinking of getting the etymotic er3xr

Hi. I've been using the Etymotic Research ER4SR - single-ended - with the R6 for months. No issue that I can hear. Performs on the HiBy as well as with the OPUS#1, iBasso DX150 and Cayin N3. Out of curiosity, I have a custom balanced cable for them coming soon.

Feb 20, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #5,546 of 6,628
Senior Joe

I got your Android 8.0 English link to upgrading R6 to android 8.0. On a widows 10 an 7 machines I could not get step 1 to install the driver. Proceeding with steps 2 & 3 got red notice. R6 still works ok with old android. Would lile to,upgrade. Does Hiby not have thr professional ability to provide an over,the air update. Seems amateurish the way they offer 8.0

Sadly R6 is a very good device in price range. Thanks

Feb 20, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #5,547 of 6,628

Odd thing happened today. I just wanted to see how the DAC was on it before I sent it back to the seller, and somehow after that I went to go shut down the player and saw the screen seemed responsive.
And now everything works 100%, its not laggy anymore and I have no idea why now the sound quality is amazing compared to yesterday.

I just put my ifi black label on sale cause when I was using the plugins and eq on the r6 it just sounded like crap on the headphones I have..now its like a 9/10 instead of a 6/10. But I guess the safe thing would still be return it since I'd assume this may pop up again. Just weird how it just seemed to work after the DAC input or maybe I just moved it a certain way and piece got back into place again? I did peel off the screen protector to see if that was the problem but it wasn't ..maybe re-applying it with force did something instead of the DAC?

Feb 20, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #5,549 of 6,628
hello guys, is there any problem in android 8.0 with hiby R6. i'm about to upgrade done by flashing.
For me, no issues. But you may want to read through the posts here as some have experienced issues especially that that use stream8ng services and bluetooth. Some said the battery life got worst. A few had problems woth high bit rate files.

I believe Hiby also sent out a patch for some of the issues.

Best to read if worried. If not be like me, just upgrade, patch and enjoy.

If not good can always revert back of 6.0. Check with Joe on how to do it.

Have fun.

Feb 21, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #5,550 of 6,628
hello guys, is there any problem in android 8.0 with hiby R6. i'm about to upgrade done by flashing.

For me everything is fine with Oreo. The only unpleasant moment - due to the increased power, the volume control is not as smooth as it was in 6.1. It often happens that the volume of 30 is still a bit low, and 31 is already too loud. I hope Hiby will fix it in the next updates, for example, by adding the possibility to reduce the gain level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back