HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jan 5, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #5,176 of 6,628
Is there customer support? NO - FORGET THAT ONE......... once you have paid your money your on your own.

Finally would I buy the new R6 Pro?.......................... NOT A CHANCE IN HELL.

@Qnapper hit the nail on the head with this.....

Normally, I don't post negative sentiments. Despite not having any issues with my R6 since replacing the SD card with a samsung evo, I have decided not to pursue the R6 Pro. Furthermore, Hiby have relegated themselves to the bottom of my recommendation list for DAPs and I doubt I'll use their software or buy another Hiby product in the future. Clearly this is the only way to "get through to them". Their decision to no longer actively support this forum is what did it. Head-fi is THE forum for headphone related things - period.

I understand when companies have bugs in their release software - or even mistakes in their hardware. Heck, I can even be graceful when the really screw something up like the update process that has R6 owners all up in arms. But what I can't abide, is a lack of engagement and support with one of their biggest audiences. In this case, the head-fi community.

So, it's been fun guys - I'm unsubscribing from this and the R6 pro thread. It seems other manufacturers are starting to get the idea that SRC is bad and have begun catering to streamers like me. Case in point, SR15 by A&K now supports Tidal offline. My eyes, and future money are on companies that actually support their customers. Cya Hiby.

Jan 6, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #5,177 of 6,628
I am looking for a DAP and really liked the options and look of this one, I was kinds waiting on the Pro. After reading about zero support my dollars go elsewhere.

Jan 6, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #5,178 of 6,628
@Qnapper hit the nail on the head with this.....

Normally, I don't post negative sentiments. Despite not having any issues with my R6 since replacing the SD card with a samsung evo, I have decided not to pursue the R6 Pro. Furthermore, Hiby have relegated themselves to the bottom of my recommendation list for DAPs and I doubt I'll use their software or buy another Hiby product in the future. Clearly this is the only way to "get through to them". Their decision to no longer actively support this forum is what did it. Head-fi is THE forum for headphone related things - period.

I understand when companies have bugs in their release software - or even mistakes in their hardware. Heck, I can even be graceful when the really screw something up like the update process that has R6 owners all up in arms. But what I can't abide, is a lack of engagement and support with one of their biggest audiences. In this case, the head-fi community.

So, it's been fun guys - I'm unsubscribing from this and the R6 pro thread. It seems other manufacturers are starting to get the idea that SRC is bad and have begun catering to streamers like me. Case in point, SR15 by A&K now supports Tidal offline. My eyes, and future money are on companies that actually support their customers. Cya Hiby.
Interestingly none of these sentiments have found their way over to the R6 Pro thread. I wonder who will do that cross pollenation.

Jan 6, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #5,179 of 6,628
But what I can't abide, is a lack of engagement and support with one of their biggest audiences. In this case, the head-fi community.
+100

Jan 6, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #5,180 of 6,628
Guy's stick to the facts........................ please

HiBy FAILED - customer support - NIL
HiBy firmware upgrade - WHAT A MESS
HiBy R6 Pro - REALLY - pro what..... I hope it does not stand for PROFESSIONAL

All this stuff about chips and MOQ and high end SoC is not about customer service and support, sorry.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #5,181 of 6,628
All this stuff about chips and MOQ and high end SoC is not about customer service and support, sorry.

This is an entirely separate conversation which unlike anecdotes about support issues is based on fact. HiBy definitely deserve criticism for their poor handling of community engagement but let’s stick to the actual issues they can change. Yes the firmware upgrade process sucks and desperately needs improvement but let’s not get carried away and create conspiracy theories about the R6 Pro.

It’s seems somewhat pointless to whine on here about it if, as people have said, they aren’t listening. These issues should be addressed with them directly through social media if you want a meaningful impact. It’s true that head-fi is a big community but really only caters to the western market. Most of HiBy’s sales come from China et al.

Jan 6, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #5,182 of 6,628
This is an entirely separate conversation which unlike anecdotes about support issues is based on fact. HiBy definitely deserve criticism for their poor handling of community engagement but let’s stick to the actual issues they can change. Yes the firmware upgrade process sucks and desperately needs improvement but let’s not get carried away and create conspiracy theories about the R6 Pro.

It’s seems somewhat pointless to whine on here about it if, as people have said, they aren’t listening. These issues should be addressed with them directly through social media if you want a meaningful impact. It’s true that head-fi is a big community but really only caters to the western maable rket. Most of HiBy’s sales come from China et al.

Fair point I will keep my mouth shut, sorry.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #5,184 of 6,628

It’s seems somewhat pointless to whine on here about it if, as people have said, they aren’t listening. These issues should be addressed with them directly through social media if you want a meaningful impact. It’s true that head-fi is a big community but really only caters to the western market. Most of HiBy’s sales come from China et al.
Your last point is the most salient. They made this obvious when they stopped engaging here.

Jan 6, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #5,185 of 6,628
Your last point is the most salient. They made this obvious when they stopped engaging here.

If I had to guess it’s because of a cultural barrier and the lack of resources/skill or even will to fix it. This tends to be a bit of a mainstay for Chinese companies new to a western market. Hopefully they move beyond this like FiiO and others have but in the meantime we need to keep pressure on them via social media.

Jan 6, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #5,186 of 6,628
If I had to guess it’s because of a cultural barrier and the lack of resources/skill or even will to fix it. This tends to be a bit of a mainstay for Chinese companies new to a western market. Hopefully they move beyond this like FiiO and others have but in the meantime we need to keep pressure on them via social media.
I don’t buy the cultural barrier argument. Companies like Cayin and Ibasso are superb at this. What I do think is that Hiby as a software company only had to answer to manufacturers as customers. As a hardware company they now need to answer to individual buyers and this is the resourcing challenge. Nonetheless they were competent enough at it when they had the wonderful @Joe Bloggs onboard.

Jan 6, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #5,187 of 6,628
I don’t buy the cultural barrier argument. Companies like Cayin and Ibasso are superb at this. What I do think is that Hiby as a software company only had to answer to manufacturers as customers. As a hardware company they now need to answer to individual buyers and this is the resourcing challenge. Nonetheless they were competent enough at it when they had the wonderful @Joe Bloggs onboard.

You gonna be kidding. Cayin? I can't wait when I switch my N5MK2 to something else! It's a terrible customer care with an awful UI/performance in the device for such price, no proper updates, "not a priority" answers in 99% of cases, etc. I don't know why you think so, honestly.

Jan 6, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #5,189 of 6,628
You gonna be kidding. Cayin? I can't wait when I switch my N5MK2 to something else! It's a terrible customer care with an awful UI/performance in the device for such price, no proper updates, "not a priority" answers in 99% of cases, etc. I don't know why you think so, honestly.
Really? I’m genuinely surprised to hear that. Andy always seems to be responsive on the forums and while my experience is limited to an N6 it was fine. Maybe it is a cultural barrier after all :)

Jan 6, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #5,190 of 6,628
Really? I’m genuinely surprised to hear that. Andy always seems to be responsive on the forums and while my experience is limited to an N6 it was fine. Maybe it is a cultural barrier after all :)

A cultural barrier to ignore user feedback and not fixing critical UI/UX bugs for months that takes a couple of days/weeks to fix?
I'm not sure it's a cultural barrier, especially considering the fact that I've been living in Asia since 2009... what cultural barrier can it be when you buy a gadget for 400-500$ that doesn't do simple things it's supposed to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back