HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Nov 20, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #4,742 of 6,622
That is absolutely normal. When you are listening to native DSD - you hear the music as it was recorded. The R6 hardware has a slightly warm presentation (more bass) - but it can be done only in PCM mode. So when you are listening to in DSD mode the original R6 presentation is off.
Really? The difference is HUGE. This isn't a slight difference at all. It literally sounds like anything under 100 hz is totally absent. I didn't think there was that much processing going on.

So much for me and enormous DSD files for now I guess. No point in processing them in PCM mode when I can just get FLAC files.

Nov 20, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #4,743 of 6,622
Most DAPs use a much older Android version that still has USB Mass Storage mode. It’s been removed from AOSP for some time.

But as you said, not an issue because there’s an official (Google) solution.

Edit: the reason it was removed is because it effectively forces exclusive access to the storage device and thereby ‘unmounting’ it from the host device. That’s not desirable for a DAP because it will stop playback of music if you want to copy files to the drive.

I confess, it's an issue for me.
With the R3, I can mount it as a drive and that has proved immensely useful.
Android MTP connection has issues for me. Like mass copying files.

Nov 20, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #4,744 of 6,622
Thank you, interesting to see this. So you have metal support for the backplate, you can use any soft thin material. Did you test how thick the material has to be to have flush result ?

So, I would up going the easy route. Got the miter case (which is really bad quality imho) and returned it, then bought the black Hiby R6 case. Yep. Just left the backplate off and didn't put anything there. Out of sight, out of mind and EASY access to the battery. I'm really surprised at how soft and nice the pleathure Hiby case is. It looks really nice, and I'm happy. Boring update, but that's what I ended up doing for now.

Nov 20, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #4,746 of 6,622
So, I would up going the easy route. Got the miter case (which is really bad quality imho) and returned it, then bought the black Hiby R6 case. Yep. Just left the backplate off and didn't put anything there. Out of sight, out of mind and EASY access to the battery. I'm really surprised at how soft and nice the pleathure Hiby case is. It looks really nice, and I'm happy. Boring update, but that's what I ended up doing for now.

Miter case is a pile of steaming sh$t. I some times wonder if those Chinese manufacturers have a clandestine race to the bottom award.

Nov 20, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #4,747 of 6,622
I wish those companies stop to copy the sh** that Apple did when released the Iphone 4 and stop to use glass in these gadgets.
If it's not sapphire glass, I am not interested.

Sending my R6 to Hiby after a 1 meter drop to a hardwood floor shuttered the back glass and incapacitated the power button.. Why producing a vulnerable day-to-date product is a mystery to me. A classic "form over function" scenario.

Nov 20, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #4,748 of 6,622
Hiby could make a better case.
I'd be down with that. Not a huge fan of the leather case because the corners are exposed, making it rather pointless as a protective case.
Though, I do like how the leather makes the buttons recessed, minimizing risk of accidentally pressing buttons while in my pocket.

Nov 20, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #4,749 of 6,622
I have the mojo and I wanted to buy a r3 to connect it, I saw that the r6 has the DTA for the bit-perfect and therefore I was interested.
Isn't the mojo a DAC amp. So I would have thought any player that outputs digital stream to the DAC in the mojo would do the job. I mean unlike CD transports there should be less variables for digital transports so to speak.

Nov 20, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #4,750 of 6,622
Isn't the mojo a DAC amp. So I would have thought any player that outputs digital stream to the DAC in the mojo would do the job. I mean unlike CD transports there should be less variables for digital transports so to speak.
Any player would. But here we are talking android and SRC

Nov 21, 2018 at 12:42 AM Post #4,752 of 6,622
On the other hand digins also Korean is really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back