HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jul 19, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #4,051 of 6,622
I'd be better off getting a 400gb microsd than depending on OTG memory method correct? (since idsd has to go through USB-c port of S8+ in order to amp it)

IME Yes. Just be sure you are getting a Authentic SanDisk microSD card! There are A LOT of Fake Cards in the 128gb, 256gb, & 400gb capacities. It's a big money scam business. B&H or Adorama are good sources for authentic memory cards and they often have decent sale prices for them. I've personally had much better luck with the Samsung microSD cards, but their max capacity at the moment is 256gb AFAIK.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #4,053 of 6,622
IME Yes. Just be sure you are getting a Authentic SanDisk microSD card! There are A LOT of Fake Cards in the 128gb, 256gb, & 400gb capacities. It's a big money scam business. B&H or Adorama are good sources for authentic memory cards and they often have decent sale prices for them. I've personally had much better luck with the Samsung microSD cards, but their max capacity at the moment is 256gb AFAIK.
Almost pulled the trigger on an Amazon prime day deal on one but was a bit leary about some of the comments suggesting they got fakes. Will check b&h.

Jul 19, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #4,054 of 6,622
Almost pulled the trigger on an Amazon prime day deal on one but was a bit leary about some of the comments suggesting they got fakes. Will check b&h.
Aw, you should have pulled the trigger. Amazon’s going to have the genuine article for their prime deals, as they are sold by Amazon. Other, possibly cheaper marketplace sellers on Amazon? Not so much. B&H comes with my recommendation, for what it’s worth.

Jul 19, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #4,055 of 6,622
Jul 20, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #4,057 of 6,622
Anyone use the Hiby R6 as DAC in the computer?

When I am using the Hiby R6 in this way, the sound cut many times. I don't know if this is a problem with my unit or more people have this problem.
I tried to change the cable from USB-C to USB-C to USB-A to USB-C but the result was the same. And I tried many cables.

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #4,059 of 6,622
Anyone use the Hiby R6 as DAC in the computer?

When I am using the Hiby R6 in this way, the sound cut many times. I don't know if this is a problem with my unit or more people have this problem.
I tried to change the cable from USB-C to USB-C to USB-A to USB-C but the result was the same. And I tried many cables.

yeah, I realized that sometime the music play fast one-two notes, but when I rewind, it's normal as usual.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/L6vNyBSuxTMxnDVg9
How to turn off the 'do not disturb'-like icon next to sample rate? I dont know what I did to have it there.

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #4,060 of 6,622
I just wanted to drop in and give a quick report here. I received my R6 a week ago. I ordered one from Amazon to be able to take advantage of the return policy if needed. After reading through the thread I was a bit leery about it.

After testing it out and using it extensively I can say that most of the issues people have reported on the thread seem to be resolved (at least on my unit). The main thing I was worried about was the reported wifi issues. On my unit the wifi appears to work as well as on my iPhone X. Both on 5g and 2g networks. My home is around 3200sf with the router positioned on one end of the home and my bedroom on the opposite end. I can connect to wifi and stream Tidal with no issues at all from this distance.

I also have no issues streaming Tidal. Tracks start quickly and gapless playback works well.

I have added music to the internal storage. Using Android Transfer from my mac was easy enough. Everything transferred well and scanned onto the device perfectly.

I have yet to add a memory card to the unit. I will be doing so this weekend. Hopefully that goes smooth. If it does I can say that i'll be thrilled with the unit.

I'm unsure if any hardware changes have been made to these newer units but if so, it appears Hiby has everything working very well. I'd be happy to answer any questions and will report back after I get an SD card and check all that out.

Chase

Jul 21, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #4,061 of 6,622
Screenshot_20180720-190750.png
Using my R6 in USB mode with Schitt Multibit DAC, Cavalli hybrid amp and Focal Elex planars. Very happy with the sound. Sorry about the giant size of the screenshot.

Jul 21, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #4,062 of 6,622
Does anyone have an opinion, or experience of good IEM pairings with a Hiby R6? Currently my IEMs are Westone UM PRO 50 - using an ALO Reference 8 cable in balanced mode. The IEMs I decide to go with would fulfill the following;

• Be a noticeable upgrade on what I already own.
  • Play well with the Hiby R6, using a balanced connection.
  • Also work well with my ALO Reference 8 cable, using MMCX connectors.

The models I'm considering vary in cost by quite a considerable margin, but ultimately over and above compatibility with the DAP and Ref 8 cable, I'm looking for the best bang-for-buck performers - so if the performance justifies the cost, then maybe I'll have to save a bit longer! My shortlist so far is;

• Campfire Andromeda
  • Campfire Vega
  • 64Audio A6t
  • 64Audio U12t

Cheers!

Jul 21, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #4,063 of 6,622
I just wanted to drop in and give a quick report here. I received my R6 a week ago. I ordered one from Amazon to be able to take advantage of the return policy if needed. After reading through the thread I was a bit leery about it.

After testing it out and using it extensively I can say that most of the issues people have reported on the thread seem to be resolved (at least on my unit). The main thing I was worried about was the reported wifi issues. On my unit the wifi appears to work as well as on my iPhone X. Both on 5g and 2g networks. My home is around 3200sf with the router positioned on one end of the home and my bedroom on the opposite end. I can connect to wifi and stream Tidal with no issues at all from this distance.

I also have no issues streaming Tidal. Tracks start quickly and gapless playback works well.

I have added music to the internal storage. Using Android Transfer from my mac was easy enough. Everything transferred well and scanned onto the device perfectly.

I have yet to add a memory card to the unit. I will be doing so this weekend. Hopefully that goes smooth. If it does I can say that i'll be thrilled with the unit.

I'm unsure if any hardware changes have been made to these newer units but if so, it appears Hiby has everything working very well. I'd be happy to answer any questions and will report back after I get an SD card and check all that out.

Chase

That's fantastic and encouraging to hear! I'm happy that you received a unit that seems to work well. :)

Are you using Tidal's standard streaming service, or are you streaming with Tidal HiFi?

If you don't mind saying, what seller on Amazon did you purchase from?

Did you get a Stainless Steel model or one of the Aluminum bodies?

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #4,065 of 6,622
Does anyone have an opinion, or experience of good IEM pairings with a Hiby R6? Currently my IEMs are Westone UM PRO 50 - using an ALO Reference 8 cable in balanced mode. The IEMs I decide to go with would fulfill the following;

• Be a noticeable upgrade on what I already own.
  • Play well with the Hiby R6, using a balanced connection.
  • Also work well with my ALO Reference 8 cable, using MMCX connectors.

The models I'm considering vary in cost by quite a considerable margin, but ultimately over and above compatibility with the DAP and Ref 8 cable, I'm looking for the best bang-for-buck performers - so if the performance justifies the cost, then maybe I'll have to save a bit longer! My shortlist so far is;

• Campfire Andromeda
  • Campfire Vega
  • 64Audio A6t
  • 64Audio U12t

Cheers!

Using Unique Melody Martian balanced and the sound quality is amazing. Very happy wuth this pairing:):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back