HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jun 8, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #3,707 of 6,622
If anybody interested in my as new new stainless steel r6 please pm me. I only bought it a few weeks ago but not using it much. I would like £430 as I also paid £45 customs. Will send to UK and Europe.

Jun 8, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #3,709 of 6,622
By the time it arrived I had bought a fiio q5ii to go with my iPod touch 6. I just keep using that combo and I just don't have time for another high end dap. My wife also bought me an ibasso dx150 a few days ago. Something has to go.
I have used it and liked the sound very much but feel bad keeping it as it should be used more.

Jun 8, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #3,710 of 6,622
By the time it arrived I had bought a fiio q5ii to go with my iPod touch 6. I just keep using that combo and I just don't have time for another high end dap. My wife also bought me an ibasso dx150 a few days ago. Something has to go.
I have used it and liked the sound very much but feel bad keeping it as it should be used more.

I was thinking of an R6, but currently leaning towards a DX200 as I hear it delivers very good sound quality. Though like you I probably won't use it so often. Most of my listening is done at the gym via Bluetooth and my phone or at home on my desk with my desktop DAC/AMP. So it would mainly be used while traveling which is only occasional. Still I'm likely to pick up a DX150 anyway. Curiosity tens to get the best of me.

Jun 8, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #3,711 of 6,622
I managed to snap some pics with Hiby R6 and Shozy Hibiki during my Shozy Hibiki review :)

Hiby R6 is great at showing clear and crispy cover art :)

Audiophile-Heaven-Shozy-Hibiki-Review-11.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Shozy-Hibiki-Review-15.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Shozy-Hibiki-Review-10.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Shozy-Hibiki-Review-14.jpg

Jun 8, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #3,712 of 6,622

DX150? good luck with that one.
If you think you have problems with the R6 then your going to have fun with that one.

Jun 8, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #3,713 of 6,622
DX150? good luck with that one.
If you think you have problems with the R6 then your going to have fun with that one.

While I like both R6 and DX150, I can totally see how DX150 can be more of an advanced DAP for beginners, especially since R6 is so darn easy to use, while with DX150 you need to both install a custom firmware and probably get new modules if you want to get all the performance from it :)

Jun 9, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #3,716 of 6,622
As a 30 year Mac user, a 16 year ipod user, and a decade long iPhone user, I know very little about the general Android OS, and the Android based sandboxed OS. Well, apart from Amazon fire and the chess with friends app, hahaha.

I knew absolutely nothing of MTP, and what it was all about.

Just wanted to give another shou-tout to y'all, the head-fi community, for helping me figure it out.

Now that I'm using the right cables for the right DAPs, Commander One and SyncMate are both working flawlessly on both the n5ii (never even thought of using mtp instead of usb mounting before) and the R6. I'm assuming (perhaps naively) that it will work the same with the R3.

Seriously, thanks everyone. Life is much better now.

Now if only the Poly would work flawlessly....

Jun 9, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #3,717 of 6,622
Not sure what you mean. Currently having both he seems to prefer the DX150. I'm leaning that direction myself.

The GUI has a real problem. Like a 3 second delay just playing,pausing changing tracks etc.

They have just had a firmware update and comments are improvement noticable? on 3 secs?

And if you look at the thread here on head-fi they have all sorts of problems.

Does not come with play .

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #3,718 of 6,622
That was fixed in last night's update. It's a better sounding dap. Simple as that. R6 is faster though and is also a great dap

The GUI has a real problem. Like a 3 second delay just playing,pausing changing tracks etc.

They have just had a firmware update and comments are improvement noticable? on 3 secs?

And if you look at the thread here on head-fi they have all sorts of problems.

Does not come with play .

Jun 9, 2018 at 4:58 AM Post #3,719 of 6,622
That was fixed in last night's update. It's a better sounding dap. Simple as that. R6 is faster though and is also a great dap

What makes it sound better?
Isn't what you plug in,what app your using and who's listening that makes the difference.
The Dacs may be warm,colder with less noise or clarity but apps headphones and hearing preferences make a bigger difference.
I see a lot of it sounds better on this forum. One thing that I picked up was the silver wire being brighter. Soon as one person said it everyone was sort of hearing it too.
people tend to comfort themselves that they are not different :)

So you are saying there is no slow down on the skipping to next track ,pausing,playing?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back