HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Feb 23, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #1,773 of 6,628
I'm sure it's something with the Hiby Music app, since like I said, Poweramp displays the artwork on the song that the Hiby Music app will not. I would use the feature to find the artwork through the app but it never seems to find the correct picture :thinking:.

Another thing that bothers me (though this is minor, just gives me a bit of OCD) is that the app tends to crop a chunk from the bottom of the album artwork. I wish it would display the whole picture properly.

The problem is rather associated with the Hiby music app and not the player itself.
Although I don't have an R6, I have the same problem running the Hiby Music app on my X5iii while on Cayin i5 which comes with the specific app as stock presents the same behavior.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #1,775 of 6,628
I just put Hiby R6 in the device input field and also put a link next to it to the specification page on Hiby's website (just because it's a not as widespread device as let's say a Google, HTC, Apple, whatever phone). Usually a device name is sufficient and they will look up dimensions.

Feb 23, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #1,776 of 6,628
I just put Hiby R6 in the device input field and also put a link next to it to the specification page on Hiby's website (just because it's a not as widespread device as let's say a Google, HTC, Apple, whatever phone). Usually a device name is sufficient and they will look up dimensions.
Excellent.
I will probably get one as it looks very neat while I try to avoid leather products.

Feb 23, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #1,777 of 6,628
While I find the majority of the functions of the device awesome (processor, screen), the lack of root options (and no system restore roms/tools published yet) are making me want to sell it.
Just a personal preference, but I prefer to have Android devices that have root access. Backup software and greenify would be nice to have imo

If I buy the device, it only seems reasonable to me, that I have full control of the device. Most audio heads don't care about this, of course.

On the next device release I would recommend that Hiby, consider placing the power button on the top RT corner like the Fiio X7 MKII.

Totally agree there must come root access.
All of my Android devices are rooted.

@Joe Bloggs can you tell us if and how to get root access.?

If not i think someone will give us root eventually..
Just give it time.... I think it's too soon to say to sell it just because of that.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #1,778 of 6,628
I just received the pouch I orderd. Chose a colour that contrasts the grey nicely as I think. Obviously it is not as protective as a leather case but I use the same one with all of my devices and it works well for me.

I use a (pleather) pouch for my N3. Works great.

Feb 23, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #1,779 of 6,628
I'm sure it's something with the Hiby Music app, since like I said, Poweramp displays the artwork on the song that the Hiby Music app will not. I would use the feature to find the artwork through the app but it never seems to find the correct picture :thinking:.

Another thing that bothers me (though this is minor, just gives me a bit of OCD) is that the app tends to crop a chunk from the bottom of the album artwork. I wish it would display the whole picture properly.

I'm having the same issue too - some albums the first track isn't showing the artwork but the rest of the tracks do. Can't figure out why some work and some don't.

I also tried having the app find the artwork and it came back with a bunch of garbage. The annoying thing is, even after I set the "Download album art..." to "off", cleared the cache and rescanned the library, it still keeps downloading the garbage art.

Would love to get a fix, or at least a workaround.

Regardless, this is my only issue with the device so far - otherwise really happy with it.

Feb 23, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #1,780 of 6,628
I'm having the same issue too - some albums the first track isn't showing the artwork but the rest of the tracks do. Can't figure out why some work and some don't.

I also tried having the app find the artwork and it came back with a bunch of garbage. The annoying thing is, even after I set the "Download album art..." to "off", cleared the cache and rescanned the library, it still keeps downloading the garbage art.

Would love to get a fix, or at least a workaround.

Regardless, this is my only issue with the device so far - otherwise really happy with it.

I was having something like this with the Hidizs AP200 which also uses the Hiby music app. What fixed it was assuming you have your songs on an SD card, each song with the same album has to be saved in the same folder. You can't have songs with different albums in the same folder.

Feb 23, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #1,781 of 6,628
I was having something like this with the Hidizs AP200 which also uses the Hiby music app. What fixed it was assuming you have your songs on an SD card, each song with the same album has to be saved in the same folder. You can't have songs with different albums in the same folder.

Thanks for the tip, but each album is already in its own folder and I still have the issue.

Feb 23, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #1,782 of 6,628
The problem is rather associated with the Hiby music app and not the player itself.
Although I don't have an R6, I have the same problem running the Hiby Music app on my X5iii while on Cayin i5 which comes with the specific app as stock presents the same behavior.
I have found that this mostly happens right after opening up the Hiby app. I think it has something to do with slow startup time for the app to link associations with the SD card and internal storage. I also had the same experiences on the Fiio X5 III, and the Cayin I5, but to a greater extent. I found out that once I let the app "catch up", the album art shows up in about 15-20 seconds and doesn't exhibit that behavior again... Until I close and reopen the app. It will also stutter when trying to immediately fast forward or rewind after startup. Once 15-20 seconds go by, everything turns to normal. YMMV.

Feb 24, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #1,785 of 6,628
I ordered late. I was wondering how close the orders are to being fulfilled .
Most aluminium units have been shipped while stainless steel units are partially shipped, more are being made now.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back