HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Feb 23, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #1,763 of 6,622
I just received the pouch I orderd. Chose a colour that contrasts they grey nicely as I think. Obviously it is not as protective as a leather case but I use the same one with all of my devices and it works well for me.

Nice, where'd you get the pouch? I was trying to read the label but it's just slightly too blurry. I put off buying a leather case, not being a huge fan of cases around my devices, but the pouch would be a good compromise.

Feb 23, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #1,765 of 6,622
Hi,

Can someone help to explain the setting in "Audio Setting" ? What is the general characteristics for Low-pass filter and Tonality ?
Does the setting get applied instantly ? I didn't notice much diff with the setting expect the gain setting.

I am usually using Neutron Player. :)

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #1,766 of 6,622
I am having this same issue with the album artwork on a handful of albums. For some reason the first tracks of these albums will come up as not having any artwork (they are properly tagged) causing the whole album not to display the artwork in the albums section. I've tried Poweramp player and the app displays the artwork for the song.

I signed up to second (and third) this. For some bizarre reason, a random song will have different artwork or none. I don't know why this happens, as it is a different listed song each time, and the artwork I have applied to each album is the same for said album. Is it possible the HibyMusic app is just bugged?

Thanks.

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #1,767 of 6,622
Oh trust me I tried that along with the newer "fastboot flashing unlock" command. No dice. I also tried some older root OS level exploits since the device is still running 6.01.

On another note newer devices can be rooted without custom recovery by flashing a modified boot image containing Magisk.

While I find the majority of the functions of the device awesome (processor, screen), the lack of root options (and no system restore roms/tools published yet) are making me want to sell it.
Just a personal preference, but I prefer to have Android devices that have root access. Backup software and greenify would be nice to have imo

If I buy the device, it only seems reasonable to me, that I have full control of the device. Most audio heads don't care about this, of course.

On the next device release I would recommend that Hiby, consider placing the power button on the top RT corner like the Fiio X7 MKII.

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #1,769 of 6,622
I signed up to second (and third) this. For some bizarre reason, a random song will have different artwork or none. I don't know why this happens, as it is a different listed song each time, and the artwork I have applied to each album is the same for said album. Is it possible the HibyMusic app is just bugged?

Thanks.
I'm sure it's something with the Hiby Music app, since like I said, Poweramp displays the artwork on the song that the Hiby Music app will not. I would use the feature to find the artwork through the app but it never seems to find the correct picture :thinking:.

Another thing that bothers me (though this is minor, just gives me a bit of OCD) is that the app tends to crop a chunk from the bottom of the album artwork. I wish it would display the whole picture properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back