HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Feb 27, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #1,052 of 1,971
All connections balanced.

IMG_1520.jpg

Feb 28, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #1,053 of 1,971
I have the Hiby R5, which doesn’t have a parametric equalizer at the system level (although it does have system-wide MSEB). Does the new R6 have a system-wide parametric equalizer? I know apps like UAPP do, but I am interested in a system-wide solution that would affect all apps.

Feb 28, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #1,054 of 1,971
I have the Hiby R5, which doesn’t have a parametric equalizer at the system level (although it does have system-wide MSEB). Does the new R6 have a system-wide parametric equalizer? I know apps like UAPP do, but I am interested in a system-wide solution that would affect all apps.
It does not. One of the reasons I try to use UAPP exclusively as much as possible.

Feb 28, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #1,055 of 1,971
It does not. One of the reasons I try to use UAPP exclusively as much as possible.
Thanks for your reply! That’s a pity — would have been a reason to upgrade. I don’t see why it would be difficult to implement system-wide parametric EQ if they are able to do MSEB, but obviously I am not an expert.

Also, MSEB is a black box — I appreciate it’s proprietary but it would be helpful to know at least which setting is influencing what band of frequencies.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #1,056 of 1,971
Does anyone has compared the DX160 with the R6?

Feb 28, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #1,057 of 1,971
Sorry if this has been already resolved and I couldn't find it.
I'm experiencing a notable lag (500ms+) in sound when connected in DAC mode to my PC. Anyone know if this is to be expected or am I missing something?
I'm assuming it's something about the device? Doesn't happen with my Logi BT headset. I also don't have much else to test this with.
Any advice or ideas?
Thanks

Feb 28, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #1,058 of 1,971
Sorry if this has been already resolved and I couldn't find it.
I'm experiencing a notable lag (500ms+) in sound when connected in DAC mode to my PC. Anyone know if this is to be expected or am I missing something?
I'm assuming it's something about the device? Doesn't happen with my Logi BT headset. I also don't have much else to test this with.
Any advice or ideas?
Thanks
Just tried it for kicks and also getting lag.

Feb 28, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #1,059 of 1,971
Been having issues with the R6 in Bluetooth receiver mode. On a Mac, pairing is possible, but Bluetooth audio output through the R6 isn’t. The same goes for my iPhone. With the Apple TV, pairing is not possible at all. Perhaps it’s an Apple-specific thing, but my Cayin N3Pro has had no issues pairing and acting as a Bluetooth receiver with all of my devices.

Feb 28, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #1,060 of 1,971
Is there the same issues in R8 or other brand ?
If it's able to unfold mqa with the same capability (16x) ? or only found on 16x which Hiby able to do that ?
It's an issue with all of our Android MQA capable players, and as far as I know an issue in one way or another with all Android MQA capable players (you hear the click or you don't, but there's an issue there regardless, as detailed)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 1, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #1,061 of 1,971
Been having issues with the R6 in Bluetooth receiver mode. On a Mac, pairing is possible, but Bluetooth audio output through the R6 isn’t. The same goes for my iPhone. With the Apple TV, pairing is not possible at all. Perhaps it’s an Apple-specific thing, but my Cayin N3Pro has had no issues pairing and acting as a Bluetooth receiver with all of my devices.
the R6 can't be a BT receiver and sender at the same time, and i believe it says so when starting receiver mode.

Mar 2, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #1,064 of 1,971
Any insight on the PC DAC sound delay issue? =)

Mar 2, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #1,065 of 1,971
Any insight on the PC DAC sound delay issue? =)
I'm afraid this may be one of the inherent limitations of the platform (on the player side), although the actual delay may be more or less, depending on the way the driver is configured (e.g. default windows driver vs our provided driver)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back