HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Feb 23, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #1,037 of 1,971
I'm got serious issues about the pop noise before start for the mqa file quite loud , anyone got same this issues ?
Also got in the Tidal mqa also . Quite serious looking forward for Hiby team to solve it asap .
I mentioned earlier a bit a static noise at the beginning of tracks when switching from any hi res (mqa/dsd/96/192) to standard (44.1) or between them. doesnt really bother me but i can see it becoming annoying

Feb 23, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #1,039 of 1,971
Same here using Tidal and noticing pop noise on MQA tracks
Some popping here too. Does not bother me for some reason as it will not occur after song starts.

Feb 23, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #1,042 of 1,971
Have spoken to a few people and can confirm that there is currently a bug where the physical pause/play button doesn’t work in Amazon Music HD when the app is active on screen.
It does work (strangely enough) if the app is minimized (when you are on Home Screen), or when you are on Lock Screen.
Would it be something that Hiby could look into please? @Joe Bloggs

Feb 23, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #1,043 of 1,971
Yah just curious for this issues will should not happen as last 6pro also got it .
My friend looking for new Dap and he heard about this pop issues they skip new R6 automatically .Please urgently solve .

Feb 24, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #1,044 of 1,971
So I decided to see what I could do balanced with the new Hiby app that came with the update and got some good results. Did more breakin in balance mode before trying this since all the original break in was single ended. All it took was using larger tips on my IEMs for shallow insertion and things fell into place. Haven't done a lot of comparing yet but it sounds great balanced as well with a blacker background and enough snap this way. Shallower insertion also open things up a bit besides the balanced. Still like the corrected min phase fast filter for Hiby player and Min phase slow with integer upsampling enabled for UAPP. Both players sound great this way... for me.

After more listening, the tradeoffs with my IEMs still lean single ended.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #1,048 of 1,971
Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 27, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #1,049 of 1,971
The answer to all the reports about crackling at the beginning of MQA tracks remains as follows: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/r5-a-new-android-dap-by-hiby.912566/page-147#post-15610086

I wouldn't say it's "not a bug", but it's also a feature of MQA unless you can live with all your non MQA audio being resampled.
Is there the same issues in R8 or other brand ?
If it's able to unfold mqa with the same capability (16x) ? or only found on 16x which Hiby able to do that ?

Feb 27, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #1,050 of 1,971
Since lately I have noticed increased incidence of crackling/ popping sounds/ static noises not only at the beginning of MQA tracks but also during the entire track.

I know this issue has been answered before. But as it is a new issue to me, may I ask if it will ever be solved?

Listening experience had been fine for the past few months, until this issue appeared for me......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back