HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
May 2, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #1,291 of 1,971
@twister6 Great Reviews. Any more insight comparison between Hiby R6 2020 vs Cayin N6ii +E02/T01? I am struggling between these two. On paper, seems Hiby get a better software experience. Not so sure about sound. I do appreciate N6ii's flexibility. But from your reviews and others, seems N6ii's different modules doesn't varies that much? Thanks!

R6 2020 was reviewed by Animagus, not me. But I will put together a short follow-up, focusing mostly on comparison of R6 '20 to R6 Pro, R8, and I guess N6ii w/E02.

May 3, 2021 at 7:51 AM Post #1,293 of 1,971
R6 2020 was reviewed by Animagus, not me. But I will put together a short follow-up, focusing mostly on comparison of R6 '20 to R6 Pro, R8, and I guess N6ii w/E02.
Looking forward. Summer is coming

May 3, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #1,294 of 1,971
Well,
after promising myself never to set foot again into the DAP/IEM world, I just pulled the trigger on Hiby R6 2020 :L3000:. Just the other day I replied to a member's post by writing how terrible DAPs are and that Smartphone+ANC HP is way more convenient and better for my use case. And before that, I sold bunch of stuff thinking I want to go full wireless. lol. Yet, here we are once again, back to square one. And now I'm searching online for an IEM to pair with the R6 :rolling_eyes:. Maybe I should've kept all my IEMs. SMH...

Anyways, I hope its a big step up from the R6 PRO I used to own. Although that thing sounded nice with solid build quality, it was slow, clunky to use with terrible wifi performance. Contemplated between this and the DX300, but just couldn't get past the volume knob on that thing and looks a bit unwieldy.

What are some of your favorite IEMs to go with the new R6??

May 3, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #1,295 of 1,971
Well,
after promising myself never to set foot again into the DAP/IEM world, I just pulled the trigger on Hiby R6 2020 :L3000:. Just the other day I replied to a member's post by writing how terrible DAPs are and that Smartphone+ANC HP is way more convenient and better for my use case. And before that, I sold bunch of stuff thinking I want to go full wireless. lol. Yet, here we are once again, back to square one. And now I'm searching online for an IEM to pair with the R6 :rolling_eyes:. Maybe I should've kept all my IEMs. SMH...

Anyways, I hope its a big step up from the R6 PRO I used to own. Although that thing sounded nice with solid build quality, it was slow, clunky to use with terrible wifi performance. Contemplated between this and the DX300, but just couldn't get past the volume knob on that thing and looks a bit unwieldy.

Well, that's pretty wide open... My most used pairing is with Fiio FD5, DD goodness and all... :sunglasses:

May 3, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #1,296 of 1,971
You're definitely not going to be disappointed with the performance of the new R6, it's extremely fast and responsive. I've used mine with my FDX1, FD5, and Solaris 2020 so far. Sounds absolutely great with all of them, no hiss and plenty of volume on medium gain. The FD5 in particular sounded better to me compared to with the R5 I was using them with before, probably just a difference in output impedance but the R6 makes them sound "bigger" vs the R5. I didn't notice a change with the FDX1, and I've only tried the Solaris with the R6 so I can't compare it. I'd say if you're looking for a good DD IEM to use with the R6 either the FD5 or FDX1 will serve you well, and if you're down to spend $1500 the Solaris 2020 is excellent.

May 3, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #1,298 of 1,971
Well,

Amazing machine. Quick with an amazing sound and screen. Incredible sound through my AKG N40’s, or using wireless on my shiny new B&W Pi7’s..........

May 3, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #1,299 of 1,971
Possibly fake perhaps. There are a lot of them out there. Reformatting is when is usually shows up. Or just a bad card. I have a 1TB Sandisk that works fine so I don't think it is a compatibility issue.
The Samsung 512G SD card just arrived and it worked as soon as I plugged it in. I am sold. Only Samsung for me going forward. Sandisk sucks.

May 5, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #1,301 of 1,971
Can you also add the C9 into the mix? I am very interested in knowing how the R6 2020 + C9 compares to the R8 + C9 and the R8 to the R6 2020 + C9.

May 5, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #1,302 of 1,971
Preference will always be just that but the R6 is informative and correct enough that voicing/matching will likely have the greatest effect on an overall perceived performance. Things likes earphone/tip/cable/software choices should be enough to get anyone a pretty great result. Not to say something more expensive can't have more tangibility etc but in use, this thing is very satisfyingly.

I find that a lot of folks form opinions by plugging in something that worked with a different device that had different voicing etc and don't necessarily get the best result from the new pairing. Interfacing is a huge deal in HiFi. Best results always come when you've got 2 relatively neutral pieces (if that's what you looking for, most info/perspective etc) and tweak to fine tune.

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #1,303 of 1,971
So guys I decided to sell my new never opened R6. I have my m8v2 and I'm happy with it and don't need R6. I got newly sealed R6 replaced my broken one, it's taking so long for replacement and I'm bought a few more different amps and DAC at this time.
If someone interest to buy it PM me, also I'm open for trade and I'm looking for a Campfire product like Andromeda or Solaris

May 6, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #1,305 of 1,971
To use line-out to an amp with the R6 2020 do you need to change a setting? Or, is plugging in your interconnect to the LO port on the R6 all that is required?

Thanks.
Just plugging in to the LO port is all you need to do. The R6 2020 will recognize that you're using the LO port and adjust accordingly. This is a big relief for me versus the R3 where I had to change the settings to LO each time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back