HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Apr 29, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #1,261 of 1,971
Hey guys! I've been testing and using the HiBy R6 2020 extensively for the past few months and have now published my review on the website. Check it out if you'd like to read my take on it and let me know if you have any questions for me. Cheers! :D

Hiby R6 2020 Featured Image.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #1,262 of 1,971
Hey guys! I've been testing and using the HiBy R6 2020 extensively for the past few months and have now published my review on the website. Check it out if you'd like to read my take on it and let me know if you have any questions for me. Cheers! :D

Thanks, Great review and you can add UAPP if you prefer a player that's a little less polite. I like having both and the dig filter options for voicing/matching. I still prefer it single ended but it's very good out of both jacks.

Apr 29, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #1,264 of 1,971

My R6 has the same issue mentioned in this review where the volume knob doesn't always immediately register that it's being turned. I'd assume Hiby will fix it in a future update.

Apr 29, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #1,266 of 1,971

So, with sensitive iems such as Andromeda, hissing is noticeable and not so black the background noise is…

Apr 29, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #1,268 of 1,971
Thanks, Great review and you can add UAPP if you prefer a player that's a little less polite. I like having both and the dig filter options for voicing/matching. I still prefer it single ended but it's very good out of both jacks.

Thanks! I use UAPP but I stick to writing the review with the stock player in spotlight. :)

Apr 29, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #1,269 of 1,971
My R6 has the same issue mentioned in this review where the volume knob doesn't always immediately register that it's being turned. I'd assume Hiby will fix it in a future update.

I checked with them and HiBy's rep says that it's physical = the encoder. My Universal Audio Apollo Twin's encoder started doing that too and I had it replaced. I definitely liked R6 Pro's physical volume buttons more but the rest of R6 2020 is very cool. 😅

Apr 29, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #1,270 of 1,971
So, with sensitive iems such as Andromeda, hissing is noticeable and not so black the background noise is…
This is probably the 20th question I'm answering about R6 2020 + Andromeda's hissing today. Haha. Andromeda is like everyones favourite litmus test. Lol! 😅

Andromeda hissing from SE in Low Gain is so faint that you got to focus hard to hear it. 5 songs into my playlist at good volume and my ear ringing is much louder than the hissing. That's how low it is. Lol! Jokes aside, I can only hear it VERY faintly for a second or so when the I pause the song before the DAC goes on standby or in the rare song where only one instrument is playing (not all songs). I definitely don't hear it in busy sections of songs. In most songs, I perceive a nice black background with Andromeda plugged into SE too. Hissing is slightly more prominent through 4.4mm BAL in Andromeda but I personally don't use the balanced outputs for sensitive IEMs. I perceive almost no hissing in SE with Fibae7 (5.9Ω) or Craft Ears Four (10Ω), both low impedance and fairly sensitive multi-BA IEMs.

If you want me to test a specific song for you, let me know. Cheers! :D

Apr 30, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #1,272 of 1,971
This is probably the 20th question I'm answering about R6 2020 + Andromeda's hissing today. Haha. Andromeda is like everyones favourite litmus test. Lol! 😅

Andromeda hissing from SE in Low Gain is so faint that you got to focus hard to hear it. 5 songs into my playlist at good volume and my ear ringing is much louder than the hissing. That's how low it is. Lol! Jokes aside, I can only hear it VERY faintly for a second or so when the I pause the song before the DAC goes on standby or in the rare song where only one instrument is playing (not all songs). I definitely don't hear it in busy sections of songs. In most songs, I perceive a nice black background with Andromeda plugged into SE too. Hissing is slightly more prominent through 4.4mm BAL in Andromeda but I personally don't use the balanced outputs for sensitive IEMs. I perceive almost no hissing in SE with Fibae7 (5.9Ω) or Craft Ears Four (10Ω), both low impedance and fairly sensitive multi-BA IEMs.

If you want me to test a specific song for you, let me know. Cheers! :D
Thank you for your detailed explanation. I’m a bit concerned about this, ’cause I usually use balanced outputs.

Apr 30, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #1,273 of 1,971
Can anyone give me the dummy's guide to setting up the R6 2020 as an external DAC on Windows 10? I've never done it before, and I'm trying to fumble through it but not getting anywhere. Thanks!

Never mind, restarting the R6 seemed to have done the trick. Of course I forgot to follow the first rule of these things.

Last edited:
May 1, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #1,274 of 1,971
Anyone have luck using a Sandisk 1T micro SD card with their R6 2020? I had been using a Samsung 512G without any issues at all. I decided to pick up a Sandisk to get more storage, but it won't format properly and is not being recognized by the R6. Is this just me or the SD card I got or is it a problem with Sandisk?

May 1, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #1,275 of 1,971
Can anyone give me the dummy's guide to setting up the R6 2020 as an external DAC on Windows 10? I've never done it before, and I'm trying to fumble through it but not getting anywhere. Thanks!

Never mind, restarting the R6 seemed to have done the trick. Of course I forgot to follow the first rule of these things.
You were successful setting up your DAC? (I see you edited your post)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back