HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Apr 16, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #1,231 of 1,971
Anyone else having bluetooth problems with the new R6?

I'm having two issues, possibly they are related. When I put the R6 into bluetooth audio input mode and connect my phone to it the connection drops about 5 seconds later. My R5 is able to do this without issue. The second problem, when I put my phone into bluetooth discovery mode so it's visible to other devices it does not show up on the R6 when it scans for devices. Other devices do show up, although much fewer are found than my phone can see.

Apr 16, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #1,232 of 1,971
Anyone else having bluetooth problems with the new R6?

I'm having two issues, possibly they are related. When I put the R6 into bluetooth audio input mode and connect my phone to it the connection drops about 5 seconds later. My R5 is able to do this without issue. The second problem, when I put my phone into bluetooth discovery mode so it's visible to other devices it does not show up on the R6 when it scans for devices. Other devices do show up, although much fewer are found than my phone can see.
+1 - Having the same problem here

Apr 17, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #1,234 of 1,971
+1 - Having the same problem here

Its got the bones. I'm sure Hiby will sort these things out with FW.
I hope so because I've been really happy with mine so far. I do wish the volume knob was slightly bigger, the screen could get a little dimmer, and it wasn't so prone to RF interference, but it's the fastest and best sounding DAP I've ever used.

Apr 17, 2021 at 7:04 AM Post #1,235 of 1,971
Hello
I don’t understand which option inshould choose ? Im a noob 🤣
1618657340266.jpeg

Apr 17, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #1,236 of 1,971
Hello
1618657340266.jpeg
And also why the light under the power button keep lights up on mine
Even though I didn’t play any music and no app is running ?
Its lights up blue

Apr 17, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #1,237 of 1,971
power on light.

For the Hiby player program, my fav filter is 2nd from the bottom and for UAPP it's the middle one. I prefer to use unbalanced. Many don't hear much difference in filters and this is preference over any absolute determinations.

Some will depend on associations and I can also prefer the slow roll with Hiby player on other IEM/tip/cable combos but in any case, those are the 2 filter settings I prefer. Make sure to try the middle slow one as that tends to be my fav when ducks are in a row.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #1,238 of 1,971
Another thing
Anyone here using alac on this player ? Because most of my files are alac that i ripped from CD
I’m still deciding to convert it flac or just use alac

Apr 17, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #1,239 of 1,971
Another thing
Anyone here using alac on this player ? Because most of my files are alac that i ripped from CD
I’m still deciding to convert it flac or just use alac
I'd assume it does ALAC since AAC is in the mix. You can always convert later but I'd leave them be for now.

Apr 17, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #1,242 of 1,971
Hello
1618657340266.jpeg
Maybe I can help you...
The FiiO X7 (and Mark II) has same filters as Hiby. I remembered few years ago there was a discussion about the filters at FiiO Forum.
One of the members published two very informative images and wrote he saw these images here at Head-Fi.
So I publish them again for you:

Filter settings#1.JPG

Filter settings#2.JPG

I am over 60 now and I can't hear the high frequencies over 14KHz but I can confirm the differences are clearly audible when you change one filter to another.
What you need is a good quality audio track. For example a well recorded and mixed studio recording.
The minimum requirement is CD quality (44.1KHz/16bit). Higher quality is better. So if you have a good CD, transfer it to a lossless audio format (e.g. FLAC) without compression or as less compression as can be.
Copy the file to the Hiby, change the filters and listen to the music carefully and critically. :wink:

Internet source: (scroll down a bit and you'll see the images)

http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=42582&extra=page=1

Apr 18, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #1,245 of 1,971
Very little info in recordings above 12k. Apparently, my bandwidth (14k) mimics yours. Actually kinda surprised at this age. I've been with people that have known hearing loss and still tend to get the important aspects of sound right. Able to discern overall goodness. Bandwidth is overrated compared to phase, timing, PRAT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back