HF-2
Aug 18, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #781 of 1,149
Ouch, that's one big nick.

Aug 18, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #782 of 1,149
Alas, aluminum is very soft and is easily gouged. 303 stainless would likely be a tad heavy.

Mine also have a nick in them, even if not quite as obvious as Les'. I don't see it when they are in use, however, so it only annoyed me for the 2-3 minutes I spent inspecting them when they first arrived. I actually hadn't thought of it until this.

Aug 18, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #784 of 1,149
Yay... just got a shipping notice.

Order number 5891
Ordered Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 09:17:41 AM

Shipped yesterday late afternoon. Scheduled to arrive on the 20th (Thursday) shipped with fedex express saver (3-day service).

I guess he didn't get the Friday shipment out until Monday.

Aug 18, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #786 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well good thing is you won't need it, just open your eyes! Typical Grado, they seem to have particular problems handling Aluminum.

AAA_1890.JPG

That is too bad. It isn't like we are buying seconds, or are we? :^)

I look forward to more listening impressions, maybe from those who are not familiar with the Grado "sound".

Aug 18, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #789 of 1,149
The strange this is that Grado have built metal headphones for many years, and I can't remember anyone complaining about SR325i or MS2i. I had the latter and it was absolutely perfect cosmetically. Maybe they just don't care anymore?

Aug 18, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #790 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
orkney are you using them with the Earmax or the HeadRoom set>

I've used them mostly with a vintage hot-rodded MAD Ear+ and my HR Ultra, since the EMP is on extended loan. Have also tried with my Cary integrated. They sound very good on all three amps, with a little tighter bass and more refinement on the HR Ultra and lots of body and drive on the MAD Ear+. They don't seem hugely fussy about partnering amps and they have some of the dynamic quality of my speaker setup (Sugden/Harbeth) along with its musicality, hence the earlier "exit product" comment.

best,

o

Aug 18, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #791 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think 1mm by 2mm is terrible, honestly

I disagree.

I think the gauge pretty much sucks. It's like getting a pre-door-dinged new car.

Aug 18, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #792 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henmyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The strange this is that Grado have built metal headphones for many years, and I can't remember anyone complaining about SR325i or MS2i. I had the latter and it was absolutely perfect cosmetically. Maybe they just don't care anymore?

"All metal work for the Music Series Two is machined from a special non-resonant, very hard alloy."

So it's probably not aluminum like the HF-2's.

Aug 18, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #795 of 1,149
I just got my shipping notification today. Now the 2nd waiting game begins and I sincerely hope that EMS will make a significant difference time-wise versus Priority.

Just for curiosity, does FedEx have the tendency to charge you with extra fees when receiving your items? I had a bad experience using DHL so I'm a bit wary using those express parcel services now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back