Help me choose between Fanny Wangs 3000 Series V Beats by Dre Solo (HD)
Jun 29, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #31 of 39
Quote:
Why not just wait for the M-100s to come out, where you can get the best of both worlds? That's what I'm doing, anyways.

I'd advise against the PRO700mk2 unless you are willing to go an extra mile to make them better. They can be incredibly uncomfortable unless you put cotton under the pads. However, if you mod them correctly, they are comfy, attractive, portable, ludicrously bassy, and so durable you could run them over with a bus and they would be undamaged.

Are the M-100s gonna have more bass than the 80s?
From what i have heard the M-80s might not have the bass i desire??

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #32 of 39
Quote:
Are the M-100s gonna have more bass than the 80s?
From what i have heard the M-80s might not have the bass i desire??

I can't see how anybody could be dissatisfied with the amount of bass the M-80s have. It's well-extended, it's full, and it's intensely punchy. It's a very fast-paced headphone. The bass doesn't rattle your skull, but then again, you sacrifice a lot of sound quality when you get to that point. It's a very punchy, satisfying bass. But if you really are set on getting your skull rattled, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Jun 30, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #34 of 39
Quote:
+1 on the HFI-580 and if you want it more stylish the dj1 is there aswell.

Can't say I'm too big a fan of the DJ1 styling wise.  I prefer the black and silver over the black and white.  Still vastly better than beats or fanny wang in terms of price, style, and especially sound. 

EDIT: Gotta start remembering to list the DJ1 along with the 580.  Same headphone, but prices can differ on amazon. 

Jul 3, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #35 of 39
Quote:

Can't say I'm too big a fan of the DJ1 styling wise.  I prefer the black and silver over the black and white.  Still vastly better than beats or fanny wang in terms of price, style, and especially sound. 

To each his own I guess.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 3, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #36 of 39
If you want just huge gobs of bass, get the XB500. It's FAR cheaper, has better build quality, is lighter, and is far more comfortable than Fanny Wangs or Beats (I mean, they are essentially big fluffy pillows on your head).

If you want lots of quality bass, then I recommend either the PRO700Mk2, or a tier higher, the M-100. Either of these blow the other three headphones out of the water in terms of actual quality.

/my opinion

Jul 5, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #37 of 39
XB500, more bass than anything beats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back