Help me choose between Fanny Wangs 3000 Series V Beats by Dre Solo (HD)
Jun 25, 2012 at 8:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

SidwJnr

New Head-Fier
Firstly, This will be my first pair of decent headphones i will be buying and i don't know that much at all about them.

Secondly, (The main issue)

I am having an extremely hard time deciding which pair of headphones to buy.

Mainly Curious how the Bass on Fanny Wangs 3000 Bass Boost Compares to Beats Solo (HD).

If anyone that owns both or either on listen to these two songs and tell me how they sound:
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctsLxYt4mNk (flosstradamus - test me).
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7-yAX9ijuM (Flume - Sleepless).

I am sort of worried the Beats will Ruin the Second Song?

Help me please :)

Jun 25, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #2 of 39
Those are both quite bad headphones for their price. You would be far happier with a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 pro/80. If you want them for portable use, get the V-moda crossfade LP2. They have the bass you desire and they are easily carried around.

Jun 25, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #3 of 39
Well, to answer your question... Between the two, I'd get the Fanny Wangs. They have a lot of bass, and IMO, are better than beats in every way.

Jun 25, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #4 of 39
I  personally think fanny wang looks like a clone if beats, but not sure about its performance nor beats. Heard beats weren't worth $300, and that sony xb500s are better and only $50-80. 

Jun 26, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #5 of 39
I have looked into Fanny Wangs a bit and have found that the only difference between the 2000 and 3000 is the ANC which i don't want, so it looks like i'll be going for the 2000's but i read a few reviews saying they prefer the 1000's for sound Quality.

DAFUQ? my mind is blown.

Does anybody know if there are Fanny Wangs retailers in Australia where i could try them out?

Jun 26, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #6 of 39
I have looked into Fanny Wangs a bit and have found that the only difference between the 2000 and 3000 is the ANC which i don't want, so it looks like i'll be going for the 2000's but i read a few reviews saying they prefer the 1000's for sound Quality.

DAFUQ? my mind is blown.

Does anybody know if there are Fanny Wangs retailers in Australia where i could try them out?

Not to start any hostility here, but this isn't really the best place to ask for advice when you already set your mind on either of the two headphones. To us, they deliver sound quality much lacking for their asking price, not to mention that they're as durable ad eggshells.

Still, if you're willing to spend on better headphones, all you have to do is ask.

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #8 of 39
Quote:
Not to start any hostility here, but this isn't really the best place to ask for advice when you already set your mind on either of the two headphones. To us, they deliver sound quality much lacking for their asking price, not to mention that they're as durable ad eggshells.
Still, if you're willing to spend on better headphones, all you have to do is ask.

Ok, if you can suggest me better headphones then please do! im very open for suggestions!  Also im not a fan of the look of the V-Modas so i dont think i would buy them.
Thanks.

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #9 of 39
what features do you look for in your headphone? a sleek style like the beats studio and fanny wang i assume? also a thumping powerful bass?

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #10 of 39
Quote:
what features do you look for in your headphone? a sleek style like the beats studio and fanny wang i assume? also a thumping powerful bass?

Yeah, Pretty Much.

But i dont want the Bass too Overwhelm everything. I would like the Bass to be Prominent but not Overwhelming??

I have been searching... AKG Q460?!??! They look nice and only 120grams is real light which is good for the gym :D
But, what is the sound like??

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #11 of 39
If the 'street' style is what you are leaning towards, you should check out this article:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/celebrity-headphone-deathmatch

I've only heard the Beats and VMODAs, and I'd concur with Tyll that the Solos are just awful (the Studios are really not that bad) and the VMODAs are pretty decent.  But check out the review, pick a few that you like, and then come back here and ask some more about those.

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #12 of 39
maybe the skull candy mix master would be a good possible choice, from what tyll said they have good prominent bass, their styling is rather sleek too i would say?

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #13 of 39
Quote:
maybe the skull candy mix master would be a good possible choice, from what tyll said they have good prominent bass, their styling is rather sleek too i would say?

haha i was about to say i like them! only problem is they look kinda heavy and as i mostly will get to use my headphones in the gym its a bit of a down side, i owned a pair of skullcandy's before and they broke within a month which is another issue i have with skullcandy :frowning2:

Jun 27, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #14 of 39
Quote:

Ok, if you can suggest me better headphones then please do! im very open for suggestions!  Also im not a fan of the look of the V-Modas so i dont think i would buy them.
Thanks.

Yeah, neither the beats nor the fanny wangs get much respect around here. Skullcandies even less, although the mixmasters got some good reviews.

Then again, assuming your interests in them you probably want portable, stylish headphones that you can show off even if that means lackluster sound quality... which is why people are a bit hesistant to recommend what they'd really get for themselves if they had $300 to spend on the fanny wang's.

Jun 27, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #15 of 39
The Beats and the Fanny Wang are pretty terrible headphones. You're overpaying by more than 50% if you go with them. The V-Moda M-80s, on the other hand, out-perform many headphones in its price bracket. But you don't seem to like them based on their styling. The Skullcandy Mixmaster are very good, which was shocking, but still quite overpriced. Maybe you'll find the Audio Technica ATH-M50 stylish? They've got great bass and are solid all-around headphones on top of that. There's also the Phillips Citiscape Uptown, which don't have huge quantities of bass, but it's punchy nonetheless. Uh, going way outside the box but sticking with style here, the Fischer Audio Oldskool RPM 33 1/3 have great, punchy bass, but they're not great for big heads.

If you're set on Beats or Fanny Wang, toss a quarter and call it, though the Fanny Wang are probably better objectively. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back