Help! I need an Amp for Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium 600ohm and AKG Q701.
Dec 22, 2012 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Soothsayer

New Head-Fier
I have recently bought Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium 600ohm to use for a wide range of things, from videogames to listen to IPod. I already had AKG Q701 and they are perfect except the volume matter, and the Beyers are even worse. I don't want to give some large bucks for the amp or a DAC device if it fits better.

I saw in some Threads that Fiio E17 can't drive enought these headphones. Is it true?

I want something with really good quality for the price to enjoy the Beyers fully.

Dec 22, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #2 of 14
Dec 22, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #3 of 14
It seems odd but I want to use them in some music prodution kind of stuff and meanwhile use them for gaming and music listening at my place but if I give a hand full of money right now I don't have when I invest in some professional hardware for music production purposes. That's why I have some hard to amp 600ohm headphones.

I have read many things about Schiit products and many people say they're pretty decent. If I am willing to give 300 dollars, is there anything that would be using those 600 ohm some use?

Dec 22, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #4 of 14
Hello, i looking for an portable amp for my dt880 600 too. O2 specs are very good but this amp is more "portable" than "transportable" ...I hesitate with the Ibasso Pb2 , maybe the Alo RX.

Dec 22, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #5 of 14
I have a tiny problem... I live in Europe, where there are few brands that invest in this 3rd World continent. It seems that JDS and iBasso, for example, doesn't have importers. Damn my luck...

Dec 22, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:
I have a tiny problem... I live in Europe, where there are few brands that invest in this 3rd World continent. It seems that JDS and iBasso, for example, doesn't have importers. Damn my luck...

Can't you order the O2 straight from JDS,
or buy a used one from the Head-Fi 'Amplifier for Sale" thread?
Or buy off eBay?

Dec 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:
Is it simple to build or do I need some electrician?

You need to solder in the parts yourself. So If you don't own soldering iron, I suggest buying the assembled amp from head 'n' hifi.

edit: Oh btw. I totally didn't notice that this was the portable amp section.

The O2 is indeed a bit too big to carry around, plus the Schiit Magni and Fiio E9 are not portable at all so never mind those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back