Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time
Jan 6, 2012 at 6:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Veyron

New Head-Fier
I HAVE Z5500 speackers Asus DX1 sound card I used to have Sennheiser HD 25 till the cable came loose and only 1 speaker works. I mainly use my headphones aswell.

I listen to mainly old school rap/hiphop type and bascily youtube vidoes and maybe 5% of the time movies and other stuff

Also i wanted to add i am going to be using them in my house. I have looked at

Ultrasone pro 900
Denon AH-2000
AKG 701 Bose
qc15 noise cancelling headphone
ULTRASONE S-Logic Proline 650 natural
Sennheiser HD 555 Headphones Ultrasone
DJ1 Headphones Shure SRH-940
Audio-Technica ATH-AD900

I am just not sure wat to do here now? Now i don't want to spend massive but i want something good and to last 5 years+. I like bass but not consistanly overpowering. Also with the stuff im listining to will the justify the amout i payed for headphones. Thanks and sorry about spelling

Jan 6, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #4 of 15
I dont exactly know which headphones to reccomend you since I'm liking a whole different sound signature, but nonetheless, it may help us help you a great deal if you could answer a few things, such as;

Price range?
Do they need to be portable?
Open or closed back headphones?
Do they need to be very durable? Will these be mainly just for home use or for lugging around in an active daily life?
Will you be using, willing to use, or willing to buy an amp (if necessary) to run a pair of headphones?
Is isolation and leakage very important to you? Do you want minimal sound to get in, and minimal to get out?

Thanks, that really helps us out if you could answer :)

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #5 of 15

Quote:
I dont exactly know which headphones to reccomend you since I'm liking a whole different sound signature, but nonetheless, it may help us help you a great deal if you could answer a few things, such as;

Price range?100-400 trying not to spend to much because i listen to music from i mesh not the highest quilty of music and youtube vidoes.
Do they need to be portable?no
Open or closed back headphones?closed not sure wat this means but must cover ear
Do they need to be very durable? Will these be mainly just for home use or for lugging around in an active daily life? Home in my room only
Will you be using, willing to use, or willing to buy an amp (if necessary) to run a pair of headphones?Yes maybe
Is isolation and leakage very important to you? Do you want minimal sound to get in, and minimal to get out? Dont car about leckage

Thanks, that really helps us out if you could answer :)

Also TYSM :)

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #6 of 15
Monster Beats, since to me that's the only thing it's good for, hip/hop.  Though I'd still avoid them since Monster as a company are just terrible. 

I hear the DT770 are just monsters for bass music like Hip/Hop.  Also check out the reviews for Ultrasone HFI 580.

Jan 6, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #7 of 15
just bought denon d2000s, having owned dt 770 pros and having ultrasone pro 900s.

the pro 900s are ok for rap since they're very bassy, but not so much in subbass.

the dt 770 pros have amazing bass, but can be muddy at louder volumes and has very recessed mids

the d2000 is pretty good. lots of low bass, slightly recessed but good mids, and nice highs.

the d2000 is my new rap phone. even better than the hd 650s i used to use for rap.

only down side to denon, like the beyerdynamic, they are very revealing and will sound like crap with low bitrate mp3s/etc. make sure to download lossless and 320kbps whenever possible.

Jan 7, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #9 of 15
im sure its good. it can only be better than d2000s. i heard the d5000 has a bit more midbass to it while sounding cleaner than the d2000

Jan 7, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #11 of 15
Interested in this as well. Does anyone have any thoughts on Sennheiser HD598 for hip-hop listening? I have HD595's which are great all around, even with rap. I just think they may be lacking a hint of bass. I also listen however to The Beatles, The Smiths, Radiohead etc. Tons of different genres. I am looking to upgrade to an all around set that can handle rap and hip-hop as its one of my favorite genres. Thanks

Jan 7, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #13 of 15
not good for rap/hiphop.

too bass light.

Jan 7, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #14 of 15
cool because i went over my buget quite a bit and got them lol, can't wait to hear  them

You got a great set of headphones.

Jan 7, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #15 of 15
Thanks
bigsmile_face.gif
, i had to upgrade thank to sehennior HD 25 cable let go and could only hear with 1 specker,
God it is going to be a blessing one i put those's headphones on big jump from the $2  ones im using to dennon 5000 ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back