Help finding a portable AMP and DAC, 300-650$ Paired with Beuerdynamic DT1350
May 28, 2012 at 2:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ehg3322

New Head-Fier
I have decided on the Beyerdynamic  DT1350 and i have the iPod Classic latest gen. 160 gb, but i need a amp/dac and as a noob here i cant really decide on which i want to get. size (relative) and weight is not really a problem.

I have eyed a few brands and models and here they come:

The Fostex HP-P1 
- This is the maximum price i want to pay for this and i know this is a safe bet and have good reviews, the only things holding me back is first the price. And if i as a noob should buy such a "good" portable AMP/DAC since i don´t have heard a ton of them.

The iBasso D6, D12 and D-ZERO 

The TTJV Slim 

Practical Divices XM6 
- I dont know if i would use all the features though.

But please give me all the recommendations you can and the reason to buy it.

I listen to classic stuff mostly, classical music, classic rock, classic heavy metal, R&B, pop, almost all categories except electric, dubstep, and all that what i consider crap "modern" music 90´s and out.

I want the device that gives me the most value, bang for the buck type of thing, and the device most be easy to get hold of.

The last thing is that i would like to be able to buy them from, both the amp/dac, lod and the beyerdynamics, a "well" known internet site, and be able to pay by pay pall but that is not a must, but a safe internet store, and it wold be nice with a fast delivery to Norway where i live, preferable shipped with fedex.

I thank you in advance

ehg3322  

May 28, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #2 of 7
The Fostex HP-P1 are very good DAC/AMPs combo for iPod use and i will highly recommend it.

May 28, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #4 of 7
you cant use DAC function of the other amp/dacs like the DZero when pairing it with an ipod. technically you can, using a LOD to mini USB interconnect. however, the ipod classic DAC first will be used and then sends the signal to the DZero DAC again.

I'm supposed to do that as well but someone said that it can't be done. unless you connect the amp/dac to a computer.

but if youre just going to use the amp function of your portable amp+dac, i think the E17 will do. i consider the E17 "bang for the buck"

May 29, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
you cant use DAC function of the other amp/dacs like the DZero when pairing it with an ipod. technically you can, using a LOD to mini USB interconnect. however, the ipod classic DAC first will be used and then sends the signal to the DZero DAC again.

I'm supposed to do that as well but someone said that it can't be done. unless you connect the amp/dac to a computer.

but if youre just going to use the amp function of your portable amp+dac, i think the E17 will do. i consider the E17 "bang for the buck"

So you are saying if i connect the Fostex HP-P1 with the LOD that comes with it (usb to 32pin...) the DAC will not work?? i dont understand :S 

May 29, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #6 of 7
If you are planning to use Fostex with iPod and computer then it's only made for iPods to work as better external DAC/AMPs(it will bypass the iPod internal DAC/AMPs). the other portable DAC/AMPs like Pico, XM6, D-Zero, D12 only works with computer as DAC/AMPs but there AMPs part works with iPods not DAC part. The only DAC/AMPs i know of Nuforce iDo works with iPods and computers as DAC/AMPs but it's not battery powered portable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back