Help choosing closed cans for an electronica fan!
Jul 12, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #31 of 42
I wish I could convince you to go up another $30-$40 or so. The Shure SRH-840 are the absolute best headphones for electronic music to me. The Sennheiser headphones are probably not a good match for this type of music.
You can find them online as special deals or open box specials for $130. Don't buy them for $199. I got mine open box for $135.

Save your receipt because sometimes they don't fit small heads. The M50's are a better fit for smaller heads, but don't sound quite as good. I bought my pair for $125 at a local Guitar Center. The only negative is the excessive bass can get annoying at times. It doesn't bother me enough to not want to listen to them anyway. The bass isn't even that great in terms of quality anyway.

If you want an upgrade, I really wouldn't suggest spending under $100 really. Very few headphones under $75 are very good. The Creative Aurvana Live isn't bad really. I think those are $60 online, but the build quality might not be that good.

Jul 12, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #33 of 42
I´ve not listned to to many phones.but I own the HD-25´s and have heard the aurvana live alot, hours at a time.
and for the price they sound great,more than great..

I would personally find them chep,use them till I save up for something a step up and enjoy the upgrade to what you have now.
or mabye put the rest of the money towards a budget amp. considering stealing money from my food buget and buy one :p

enjoy your new phones what ever ones you pick

(x-use my spelling)

Jul 12, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #36 of 42
they lack the "boom" in lack of words,but its still there just not as fast?hard?exact?
mids and high to me are kind om equel,a bit more relaxed?softer?

The senns feels like "studio" the aurvana like "soft chilled listenig" cant explain better at lest not now.

as for fit and usefeullness for me I think nothing beats the 25´s but I abuse my pfones and treat them whit no respect.
friends have pairs that lasted 10 years of studio and portable use.

cant see the aurvana do that, but if your kind af a avarage carefull person I think they last much longer
then it take to get the "ugrade disease" :p

sorry for my un-audiophile leanguage,kind of drunk rigth now and cant find the words.. :)

Jul 12, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #37 of 42
lol, I've read worse.  I'll let you off with a warning....this time.  
tongue.gif

Jul 30, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #40 of 42
After asking you so many questions, I have to give you all an update for my headphones!

I ended up purchasing the Ultrasone PRO 550s - there's a great deal on eBay for $114.99, and I was happy to jump on that.

I got them in the mail this afternoon and JUST put em on - and oh man, am I happy or what! This is how music should sound!
dt880smile.png

I don't really plan to do an artificial burn-in with pink noise mp3s or anything, as I'd rather just listen to them instead, haha. However, I am curious to know - what should I expect in terms of how the sound changes? More specifically, how will these sound when they're pretty burned in versus how they're sounding right now (brand new)? Any other words of wisdom/advice for maximizing my musical experience? 

A HUGE thank-you to everyone in this thread for giving me such great advice on my headphones - wind016, NapalmK, and 11amaberry in particular! These forums are absolutely amazing, and without all you Head-Fi'ers and the plethora of information on these forums, I wouldn't be enjoying music nearly as much as I am now. Cheers everyone!

Jul 30, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #41 of 42
If you do notice a change with burn in it would be mainly better controlled bass and less bright highs. It may just be me getting used to the sound sig but they seem smoother than when I first got them (and maybe more open sounding?). I honestly can't remember exactly how they sounded when I got them. They have about 250 hours on them now.

Glad you like them. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back