Help! Bose ae or Bose oe?
Apr 22, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #31 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by middlemaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but i want headphones that look cool and are relatively small with a pretty good bass.

The PX-100 looks pretty 'cool', and it's a proper headphone to boot.

As far as bass is concerned. The OE does have a much more pronouced bass vis à vi the AE, but its bass is what we audiophiles call 'one-note bass', meaning the sound has no control and definition.

That said, I have listened to many headphones in my journey as an audiophile, and I can say definitively that the Bose Triport OE are the worst headphones I have ever listened to. So. There you have it.

Apr 22, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #34 of 87
What's uncool about MS-1s ?

I like their more retro sort of look.

Although I have to say wood to me is uncool looking.

However really who cares about how cool they look on here anyway ?

Apr 22, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #35 of 87
Wait, you mean this thread isn't a joke?
blink.gif
Triports have good bass???
confused.gif

Um. Well, I'll throw my vote in with ksc75. 1/10 the price of the Triports, but much better sound quality.

Apr 22, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #36 of 87
Did I miss something or has nobody recommended AKG K81djs yet? They have plenty of big bass (albeit somewhat uncontrolled, but no moreso than Triports) and can be had for around $60.

Having demoed Triport OEs at Target a couple times, I must agree with everybody who thinks they are the worst headphones they've ever heard. They were absolutely terrible and the price is astonishingly high. I'm sorry, but I'd honestly rather listen to music through a telephone receiver.

Apr 22, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #37 of 87
I agree with Duggeh, Davesrose and 003; if you like the Bose sound, stick to the triports/AE's. If you want to try something new that's small, go with the KSC 75s

Apr 22, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #38 of 87
If style is what you are looking for, look no further than the KOSS portaPro. RETRO-FANTASTIC!

Apr 22, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #39 of 87
AKG K81DJ look cool and have plenty of bass. Good mids too and decent soundstage.

Apr 22, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #40 of 87
The AKG K81DJ evinces the image of a turd. I'm glad it's discontinued.. if anyone wanted to get one they'd be better off with the much better-looking K518DJ replacement anyway.

Apr 22, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #41 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by middlemaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they dont need to look amazing, just not huge and stupid. i want good bass like the triports i have now, but cheaper, smaller, and better sounding.

DUDE *** listen to what people are saying, and if you can't read that then il be nice and clear (possibly a bit risky but...):

[size=xx-large]BOSE are RUBBISH for the £££££[/size]

If you want cool looking headphones, then buy some grado sr-60's or their brother the allessandro MS-1. IF you havn't realised yet those people that walk down the street and are often referred to as 'Cool', look different to most other people, could be their weird but good fashion sense, great looks, or funky haircut. If you buy BOSE headphone then you will either look like a muppet, or loads of other people who read 'style' magazines reviews on BOSE SQ will flock around you in shear awe at your godlyness
rolleyes.gif

............ calm calm and back to the 'orbital' singing from my millett into my HF-1s
orphsmile.gif

Apr 22, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #42 of 87
I have been saying this to much lately but if you can listen to the new ATH-ANC7s. These are the new noise cancellation headphones from Audio-Technica. Search is your friend for impressions.

Apr 22, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #43 of 87
What's your intended use? I use the OEs for subway travel, where the infinitely better sound of my K701s would be absolutely lost. Buy a new pair of OEs on ebay for less than half price (at least in Canada) and then I'd say they're worth it for the isolation, comfort, and folding design (folds into a small flat semi-circle). If you are using them at home, then you can do better for the money.

In the end, trust your ears. It doesn't matter what anyone says here if you like and can afford them. Same goes for any "audiophile" device, from amps to power cords.

And, as you no doubt have learned, always prepare for a barrage of abuse whenever you type "Bose".

Apr 22, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #45 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recommend the ultra-mirrored headphones.
audio-technica ATH-ES7's.

Buy them on audiocubes before you get flamed.

Another good suggestion. Again an Audio-Technica.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back