Help! Bose ae or Bose oe?
Apr 22, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #18 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by middlemaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but i want headphones that look cool and are relatively small with a pretty good bass. I think the bose headphones look cool. Are any other headphones looking as cool? It would also be nice if they were under 140 dollars. And why arn't the bose triport ae good? They got good reviews on many websites.

If you want good bass in a small size, try the Bose IE. People here will point you to other brands but none of them will have the "Bose bass" nor will they come in the same size.

Whether or not the triports are "good" depends on your ears, your music, and your equipment. The triports lack resolution compared to other "hi-fi" headphones but you may not be able to differentiate nor care -- just as some people don't care between 128 kbps mp3 and 320 kbps mp3 as long as you're listening to your favorite song.

Apr 22, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #20 of 87
The OEs sound worse than the AEs. As suggested by nearly everyone else, I'd try something else.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 22, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #21 of 87
If you like Bose Triports, just stick with the ones you have....the OEs are the worst sounding headphones I've ever heard
eek.gif
No bass at all, and very limited dynamic range. If you stay on this site, you'll be endlessly hounded for even owning Bose
icon10.gif

Apr 22, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #25 of 87
I just cancelled my Alessandro order. I didn't know my headphones needed to look cool!
Wait a minute! I don't look cool , so what difference does it make. Bring on the uncool MS1's.

BTW - this has to be a joke. I also hang out at DPREVIEW and this sound like one of those "Whats better the D50 or a toaster?" threads.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 22, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #26 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fuglyphones-lol.jpg

My headphones look the best!

The Triport AE, if you like the sound, then stick with it, the OE is noticeably worse sounding. The Triport AE though has a reputation, deservedly so, for breaking easily, especially the headband. For the same money that an AE costs though, you can get a pair of headphones which will perform much better. Or there are ones which perform the same, and which are cheaper.

Bose is not a well favoured product in these parts, although I personally have nothing against the Triport other than its high pricing, which in the UK, is still more competitive than Grado pricing.

What about the Triport look is that that you like so much? If you definitely want either the AE or the OE, I'd say stick with the AE.

Jecklin Floats and Senn Surrounders are sure to attract the ladies. I have no doubt Duggeh's swooned many a fine lass walking the streets with this combo.

Apr 22, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #29 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jecklin Floats and Senn Surrounders are sure to attract the ladies. I have no doubt Duggeh's swooned many a fine lass walking the streets with this combo.

he should let patrick borrow his floats and surrounds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back