help! - AKG K271 MK II making my ears hot and sweaty
Jul 20, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #17 of 20

Quote:
Air conditioner or use a different brand headphone

I find wearing the K702 much warmer than wearing HD650

Although both are open but HD650 have better ventilation

thanks squal343 - hmmm, so while i research air conditioners for headphones, can you recommend a closed headphone from sennheiser? :wink:

i'm looking for something that works well with spoken word, vocals, and movies; can be driven unamped (using iphone / ipad / macbook pro).  ideally not more than $300.

thanks!

Jul 20, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #18 of 20
You cannot have closed, isolating and ventilated ear cups at the same time.

K271 and other "closed" headphone have a closed chamber behind the driver. K240 and other "open" headphones have open space behind the driver, but still the earpad prevents the acoustical shortcut. The driver seals the earcup. They leak sound, but no air. As such the ears under earpad and driver are not ventilated.

I prefer velour earpads over (p)leather or foam, but under hot weather that still is no hygienic and comfortable solution. For some headphone you can get disposable "sanitary" earpads or covers.

The only way out is either IEM (no sweat in ear canal, but some do not like IEM at all) or K1000 (no isolation, leaks sound a lot, limited numbers and only second hand).

Jul 20, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #19 of 20

Quote:
You cannot have closed, isolating and ventilated ear cups at the same time.

K271 and other "closed" headphone have a closed chamber behind the driver. K240 and other "open" headphones have open space behind the driver, but still the earpad prevents the acoustical shortcut. The driver seals the earcup. They leak sound, but no air. As such the ears under earpad and driver are not ventilated.

I prefer velour earpads over (p)leather or foam, but under hot weather that still is no hygienic and comfortable solution. For some headphone you can get disposable "sanitary" earpads or covers.

The only way out is either IEM (no sweat in ear canal, but some do not like IEM at all) or K1000 (no isolation, leaks sound a lot, limited numbers and only second hand).

hi zappp,

i have shure se210 iem's.  i don't mind them, but i prefer the sound of the akg k271's, and then then sennheiser hd 25-1-ii's, and then the shure se210's.

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back