Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Nov 12, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #721 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by xedhimself /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi everyone, my first post here, sorry for my bad english!!
I'm about to buy IEM from hearyourself, but i still don't know what to do, C2 or C3, what are the difference, i mean, is it just a question of bass?
I'm now using my Iphone 3G with shure SE 420 but they are going to be out of order soon...
Thanks for your help!!!

Nobody will know this answer as i don't think someone have both the C2 & C3. Maybe you can contact Andre from hearyourself to inquire about the differences between the 2 model.

Nov 12, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #723 of 1,734
A picture to show the different between the Left side of my C3 and my impression.
IMAGE_034.jpg

Nov 12, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #725 of 1,734
Sorry guys! I guess I worded that wrong. I have an iphone 3G. What I meant was I want a cable with the little mic in it with the button so I don't have to take my headphones off to answer calls.

Nov 12, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #726 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry guys! I guess I worded that wrong. I have an iphone 3G. What I meant was I want a cable with the little mic in it with the button so I don't have to take my headphones off to answer calls.

So you got plentf of time for phone calss but no time to listen to your new c-2 ? HaHa just kidding. Google Iphone stereo headphone adapter. I know I saw some for the Iphone when I got one for my LG Chocolate Phone.

Good to hear from you again.

Boomy

Nov 12, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #727 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by DesperateGhost /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A picture to show the different between the Left side of my C3 and my impression.
IMAGE_034.jpg

Desp.

If you look at the picture you can cee that the impression has a larger back base on it. They trim off the excess from your original impression to closely match the size of the shell they want to make. You'll probably notice that the ear canal on the impression you got back was also shorter than what you sent. I know it's hard to see but if you tilt the monitor up slightly to the right you'll see that they do match.

That being said. I would suggest taking the extra impression materiel (if you still have it) and make a new impression. and return both to the lab.
I know it's a bummer to have to wait but I'm sure Abdre will make it good for you.

Nov 13, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #728 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Desp.

If you look at the picture you can cee that the impression has a larger back base on it. They trim off the excess from your original impression to closely match the size of the shell they want to make. You'll probably notice that the ear canal on the impression you got back was also shorter than what you sent. I know it's hard to see but if you tilt the monitor up slightly to the right you'll see that they do match.

That being said. I would suggest taking the extra impression materiel (if you still have it) and make a new impression. and return both to the lab.
I know it's a bummer to have to wait but I'm sure Andre will make it good for you.

Andre asked me to try the impression on to see if it fits and it seem that it fits comfortably. Still waiting for him to guide me through the refitting process. Most probably will send the monitor back by express so i can get it back faster.

Nov 13, 2008 at 2:05 AM Post #729 of 1,734
Does it stay in. Is it comfortable.

If you push it in does the SQ change or stay the same.

If it dosen't fall out and sound remains the same and it isn't uncomfortable give it a while. I'm sure Andre will still fix it for you even if you wait a couple of weeks.

Nov 13, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #730 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you got plentf of time for phone calss but no time to listen to your new c-2 ? HaHa just kidding. Google Iphone stereo headphone adapter. I know I saw some for the Iphone when I got one for my LG Chocolate Phone.

Good to hear from you again.

Boomy

hehe it's not that. I just hate using my iphone as a dap without being able to answer my calls on it.

Nov 13, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #732 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif

gatto I answered you up there. the VI cable from UE will do it but you will have to trick them into thinking you have customs or the triple.fi 10 Vi. the shure and belkin ones will work but you would still have to have your stock cable pluggewd in an the adapter after that. or you could reterminate the stock shorter and use one. the ue vi cable is the best option but they dont really sell it to people who dont own the product so you would have to trick them or find a male sales guy on the phone and use your womanly charms
tongue.gif

Nov 13, 2008 at 8:55 AM Post #733 of 1,734
Heya ladies and gents!

So my C3s came yesterday!!
dt880smile.png
I love them! They're awesome but I am not gonna say too much about them at the moment because, well, my brain is struggling to think of anything other than entropy, enthalpy, heats of formation, power cycles........ etc. It's exam season so I'm in study mode but I can tell you I love the way they look, the way they sound, everything. I worked out they probably cost about as much as a new iPod. Given the choice, I'd pick the C3s over a new iPod ANY day, they make my iPod so much more fun to listen to!

Ahem, anyway, I will be back on Saturday with some proper thoughts, not the scrambled rantings of a caffeine-fueled maniac!
dt880smile.png
(I'm currently running on 4hrs sleep last night, 3 coffees and 2 red bulls today.. Same tomorrow) Also, I'll have some eye candy for y'all!

qusp: sorry for being useless and not replying, YGPM!
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2008 at 12:17 PM Post #735 of 1,734
Is it too tight ? not go in all the way?

the tissues of the outer ear canals are soft and plyable but the ligaments and tendons underneath are tight since they are the part that hold the shape or you ears.

If you stretch them too much you will inflame them similar to an ankle sprain or tendonitis. It will get unconfortable fast. and take a long time to heal.

The montors should twist and slide in fully until the outer shell "Locks" into the bowl and Tragus of the outer ear.
If you have to push them in hard and have discomfort then you really need to get Andre to re-cast the shells with new impressions. It's a little work for him but he can re-use the drivers so it's just the old shells he'll have to toss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back