Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Nov 12, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #706 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by dantztiludrop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My turnaround time was only 15 days & that was with custom logos. I was very impressed, especially when it's at a time that the influx of their orders has had to increase quite a bit.

I wish I could say the same for my livewires
frown.gif

Nov 12, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #707 of 1,734
I don't think anybody asked this.. does anyone make cables that are compatible with iphones?

Nov 12, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #708 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish I could say the same for my livewires
frown.gif

How long for your LiveWires?

Nov 12, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #710 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think anybody asked this.. does anyone make cables that are compatible with iphones?

I don't have an iPhone myself, so I'm not exactly sure what that recessed headphone port is like, but I do know that there are specific adapters, such as this one. I am curious though....with all of the high-end components along your chain from source to C2's, would an adapter like this be enough of a weak link to actually make a difference in SQ?

Nov 12, 2008 at 4:50 AM Post #711 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by graj08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long was your guys' turnaround time for the hearyourselfs?

7 days with custom art. The turn-around vary from time to time. Sometime fast sometime slow. It depend on the amount order they get.

Nov 12, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #712 of 1,734
DesperateGhost, did you pay for Rush delivery?

Nov 12, 2008 at 7:41 AM Post #714 of 1,734
Desp.
The C-3 are only 13 ohms so any benefit of using an amp would be SQ.
I do run my C-3's off of my amps just for the SQ improvement.
Any amp will do (watch somenone scold me for that remark) . my favorite is my Headroom Total Airhead because of the crossfeed and dual gain switches. Thier Total BitHead is a little more but is designed to DAC as well.

For super small portable I use a Travagans Colors (Boney looking thing). Good SQ rechargable, and small

Nov 12, 2008 at 10:29 AM Post #715 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Desp.
The C-3 are only 13 ohms so any benefit of using an amp would be SQ.
I do run my C-3's off of my amps just for the SQ improvement.
Any amp will do (watch somenone scold me for that remark) . my favorite is my Headroom Total Airhead because of the crossfeed and dual gain switches. Thier Total BitHead is a little more but is designed to DAC as well.

For super small portable I use a Travagans Colors (Boney looking thing). Good SQ rechargable, and small

I'm using the Little Dot MKI+; increases and produces clearer mid and high which made the C3 pretty much balanced of low, mid & high.

Nov 12, 2008 at 11:01 AM Post #716 of 1,734
Excelent !!!

I find the hardest part is adjusting the EQ when necessary. I listen to most of my music Flat or with the EQ off but I find that I have had to create different EQ settings for Diiferent songs.
As childish as it sounds, the Disney Collections of thier songs from thier movies is one of my favorites to compare different earphones with and I usually listen to them Flat. They have an incredible range of instruments with an extremely wide sound stage.

But when I listen to Boston of Cher or Savage Garden I really need to EQ the heck out of the Highs and sometimes the mids as well.

Nov 12, 2008 at 11:32 AM Post #717 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excelent !!!

I find the hardest part is adjusting the EQ when necessary. I listen to most of my music Flat or with the EQ off but I find that I have had to create different EQ settings for Diiferent songs.
As childish as it sounds, the Disney Collections of thier songs from thier movies is one of my favorites to compare different earphones with and I usually listen to them Flat. They have an incredible range of instruments with an extremely wide sound stage.

But when I listen to Boston of Cher or Savage Garden I really need to EQ the heck out of the Highs and sometimes the mids as well.

i seldom use the EQ as i can say i'm too lazy to set it.

Nov 12, 2008 at 1:14 PM Post #718 of 1,734
Hi everyone, my first post here, sorry for my bad english!!
I'm about to buy IEM from hearyourself, but i still don't know what to do, C2 or C3, what are the difference, i mean, is it just a question of bass?
I'm now using my Iphone 3G with shure SE 420 but they are going to be out of order soon...
Thanks for your help!!!

Nov 12, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #720 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif

any cable is compatible with iphones
confused_face_2.gif
at least the 3G snd I see thats what you've got. it was only the original that had problems because of the recessed jack.

edit: you mean have an inline mic. only the UE iphone version and possibly by adding a shure iphone adaptor to just below the Y or you could coil the stock one up a bit to shorten it and or re-terminate it and then use the shure adaptor. is the stock cable modular at all or all one piece?? the UE one I think is only available to owners of the triple-fi VI or whatever they called it; cant remember, so you might have to lie or scheme some way of buying it. they dont sell it separately from what I hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back