Headphones that are = or better then ES7
Dec 21, 2010 at 9:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Agonylover

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-fi, I am quite new in the audiophile community. Currently looking for some headphones that can catch my interest. My current rig are, Headphone : ATH-ES7, Earphone : Fisher Audio Genesis, soundmagic PL-50, Denon c452, Player : Samsung Yp-Q2, Cowon J3, AMP : Go-vibe martini, Corda XXS

I have been using the ES7 for quite sometime and was very satisfied with the SQ. I did found threads that are similar to this current thead, but could not find any suitable answer or solution to my problems. In anycase, I have tried, M50, Grado Sr60, 80, shure 440 and ESW9. Other then grado sr80 which offers the closest to my needs, the rest isn't my cup of tea. So I was hopping that some experts could offer some assist in my quest.

These are the keys i am looking for:

Clarity - More on the vocal/diaphragm
Bass - punchy but NOT deep bass.
Mids - I love mids so looking for something that is nice.
High - a good level of high could be nice too.
Open/Close - Doesn't matter
Budget - Best if its from $100 - $150 (worst to worst $200)

Music preferences (Most listened to) - Classical>Jpop>blues>jazz (about the same amount of Classical and Jpops)

I do use headphones to game too....

Replies will be most appreciated. Thank you.

Dec 22, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #3 of 9
Do you prefer a big or small soundstage?

Seems as though you like audio technica sound sig. Have you tried the AD700 or AD900?

Dec 22, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #4 of 9
I prefer a more natural soundstage. If were to choose between big or small preference, I would say small. I have tried the AD700 and AD900, dont really like the sound of the vocal. It feels as if the "singer is singing infront of a wall". Currently have leads on the denon 1100, some grados (and the Alessandro MS-1) and akgs.

Dec 24, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #7 of 9
I know it might be out of your budget but the Denon D2000 have really good SQ, far better than ES7s. I know this because I just upgraded from my old ES7s and when you pair it with a  half decent amp, pure audio bliss....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back