Headphones for serious audio monitoring work
Feb 18, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #46 of 58

Quote:
Ok, i surrender. Your tip to closed monitor ?

Sorry mate,
wink_face.gif
 I luuuuuve the D2000's they are my faves, but not for mixing they are too bass heavy and treble sparkly!

Ive given my recommendation which was the good old HD280pro's. Why improve what isnt broken!

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #48 of 58
How 'bout you go off the beaten path, listen to what I have to say for once in someone's life, buy the Prodipe Pro800's and be amazed at what $40 can get you if you know where to look.

Feb 18, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #49 of 58

Quote:
How 'bout you go off the beaten path, listen to what I have to say for once in someone's life, buy the Prodipe Pro800's and be amazed at what $40 can get you if you know where to look.

I'll be the judge of that next week.
wink_face.gif

Feb 18, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #51 of 58
I know whats wrong, the left side of my k701 has a lower volume, they sound a bit muffled. I think I blew up the driver or something...
Ow they are going back, I demand a new one.

This isn't the first time a akg headphone broke down on me within the first month of owning them, I think im cursed
ph34r.gif

Feb 18, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #52 of 58
Quote:
I know whats wrong, the left side of my k701 has a lower volume, they sound a bit muffled. I think I blew up the driver or something...
Ow they are going back, I demand a new one.

This isn't the first time a akg headphone broke down on me within the first month of owning them, I think im cursed
ph34r.gif

If there is a next time, maybe a more gentle approach with the burn in could work as in music. Standard radio stations are excellent sources for burn in sound.

Feb 18, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #53 of 58
Unless he blasted the volume I wouldn't think it would blow up a driver. I used white noise without damaging mine, as I assume many head-fi'ers do.

Feb 19, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #56 of 58
Hahaha you are right, I did not blow up my driver, I just realised the problem is my left ear. I hope its temporary though.

Edit: My left ear is opening up again, I am likeing what I am hearing!!! hahaha what a rollercoaster ride...
Quote:
Unless he blasted the volume I wouldn't think it would blow up a driver. I used white noise without damaging mine, as I assume many head-fi'ers do.

Feb 19, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #57 of 58
I have a suggestion. The Earsonic SM3's. 

I am not joking. Out of the SR225i's, K702's and HD650's I've heard, these deceptive IEM's have the closest sound to what I imagine you'd want with a monitor. 
I love the bass. It isn't overpowering but is certainly present. The mids are beautiful and the treble has some sparkle to it without it being bright. I would call these neutral yet musical.
Best part? No amp required. 

Oh yeah, soundstage is incredible for being an IEM. My small jazz collection sounds effortlessly beautiful.

Feb 19, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #58 of 58
I think you need to read LFF's review of the Fischer Audio FA-003 :D
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/491632/review-fischer-audio-fa-003-a-neutral-champ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back