Headphones for running - down to 3 choices.
Mar 11, 2011 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

tempor

New Head-Fier
Down to 3 choices for running headphones (will use them on trips etc also)

1) Sennheiser HD25-1 II
2) Sennheiser PX200-II
3) Grado SR60i

I am really wondering if the HD25-1 II are suitable at all to run in and if I should get the PX200-II instead.

IEM are not an option, and I need good sound quality.  Price of the HD25s doesn't matter if they are the best choice.  Mostly run on treadmills or places where isolation is fine.

Going to be using these on a Rockboxed Sansa Fuze.

Dunno if the Grado's are even a good choice at all.

Any input would be wonderful, looking to purchase asap as I'm tired of using my earbuds.

Mar 11, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #5 of 12

I would go with the HD25 1-ii because of the adjustable headband that can be used to adjust how much clamping force 
Quote:
Down to 3 choices for running headphones (will use them on trips etc also)

1) Sennheiser HD25-1 II
2) Sennheiser PX200-II
3) Grado SR60i

I am really wondering if the HD25-1 II are suitable at all to run in and if I should get the PX200-II instead.

IEM are not an option, and I need good sound quality.  Price of the HD25s doesn't matter if they are the best choice.  Mostly run on treadmills or places where isolation is fine.

Going to be using these on a Rockboxed Sansa Fuze.

Dunno if the Grado's are even a good choice at all.

Any input would be wonderful, looking to purchase asap as I'm tired of using my earbuds.

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #8 of 12
You definitely don't want the Grados, as they are pretty uncomfortable, nave literally zero isolation, and leak sound like crazy... Other than that, I think either IEMs or the HD25s will suit your purpose. Also, I wouldn't recommend the Sonys, as they have a 9-foot coiled (bulky, heavy) cable...

Mar 11, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #9 of 12
Mar 11, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #10 of 12
I'd go with Iem's. 
Unless you like having sweaty headphone pads. 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 16, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #11 of 12
Thanks for the input everyone.  I bought myself a pair of Porta Pros while deciding since they're so cheap.  They're pretty nice, and will do while I decide.. between the HD25 and PX200-II I think.

I actually have a pair of RE0s that I have been using, and are my reason for switching to headphones.  They sound great, but I just can't seem to get proper insertion in one of my ears, and I also have a lot of hearing damage already and just don't like the idea of having something that loud that deep in my ear anymore :p  Crazy I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back