Headphones for Post-Hardcore?
Mar 4, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #17 of 26
well if you asking me, i dont know, i like slower paced but the rp-htx7 can just about cope with faster metalcore like a hero a fake sounds good on them.

Mar 6, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #19 of 26

Quote:
I think I will go with the SR60i headphones, and hopefully woodie them, does anyone have an issue with that? haha

Lol, IDK if it's worth woodying them, but go for it.

Just realize that they have a small soundstage compared to most headphones these days. (which can be good or bad)
Also, I like the ATH-AD700's with this type of music, so you may want to consider them.
But I've never heard any grado, so, my opinion might not be worthy =p

Mar 7, 2011 at 6:22 AM Post #21 of 26
i would also like to know about the grado, it's on my list to get maybe, ive heard theyre really good for rock music.

Mar 7, 2011 at 7:05 AM Post #22 of 26
I have some SR80i's (hole punch modded) and I really enjoy them for all types of rock and acoustic music. The Grado's sound is very aggressive in its upfront presentation, meaning the sound stage is rather narrow but I think its an advantage. The bass isn't overpowering at all  (I personally hate when bass overpowers some of those mids that are so lovely with Grado's). Honestly the best thing you can do is try them. If you can manage to find anywhere locally that has a demo go for it, if not try and find a place with a nice return policy so you can get some time with the headphones.

Mar 7, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #23 of 26

Quote:
No, you're still getting the wrong definition of post-hardcore. You're fashioncre or mallcore hot topic crud is not post-hardcore. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-hardcore

At the Drive-In, Cave In, Fugazi, La Dispute, and Saetia are notable Post-Hardcore bands, completely different than what you call post-hardcore.

Edit: To say that post-hardcore has basically been "dead" since the late 90s. Crappy bands like Silverstein are labeled as post-hardcore, but definitely aren't.

this man is wise. Neurosis is certainly not post hardcore. More like ambient sludge.

Mar 7, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #24 of 26

Quote:
Haha this is actually very interesting that there is a difference between European and American "post-hardcore" Just for clarification, I've always thought post-hardcore was defined as primarily screaming/hard vocals with a clean vocals/singer to compliment the harsh sounds. So bands that I would consider "post-hardcore" would be:
The Word Alive
A Bullet For Pretty Boy
Haste the Day
So even if this isn't "real" post-hardcore or it is, it is still a few guys trying to entertain haha, and that is what works for me.
Just out of curiosity though, how would you mod an HD555 into a HD595?
these are great suggestions though thanks

that certainly is not post hardcore. In fact that isn't even music. Just buy the beats.

Jun 16, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #26 of 26
hey guys what do you think about the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 for post hardcore listening. I'm not quite in the price range of $300 but I am willing to spend a little over  $150 but not much more. (I'm a poor college student.) The bands i often listen to are

A Day to Remember
Of Mice and Men
Attack Attack
Emmure
etc.

Let me know what you think!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back