Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution
Mar 23, 2024 at 3:51 AM Post #12,256 of 12,284
Id really like to compare the Arya Organic with the HE1000 Stealth. They are surely both very detailed and extended in the treble regions with a nice powerful
I'm pretty shure I heard the stealth version. Had also very good details and soundstage. I'd also like to know if it's possible to tune the stealth to the organic.. the organic didn't have this planar timbre that I know, sounded natural, similar to a DD but with all the advantages of a planar. So for me perfect but also very expensive at the moment compared to the stealth. Both are very comfortable. The organic is more sensitive and I listened with my ibasso 04 pro, maybe also makes a difference..(was able to drive both with low gain setting-so maybe not a big deal) Please let my know if you can spend more time comparing them-thanx

Edit: was confused with the names sorry, was the Arya stealth not the he1000 stealth

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 8:13 PM Post #12,257 of 12,284
Mar 27, 2024 at 10:54 AM Post #12,259 of 12,284
Very nice written comparison.

I had the HE1000 Stealth and i liked it fast, bright but warm sound with nice bass. A very good hp for many genres. I also liked it extremely detailed sound. Sure it can get fatigueing too on some tracks.

The Arya Organic is very interesting. Maybe i will test it one day. I think the HE1000 Stealth at 1399$ is a steal.

Mar 27, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #12,264 of 12,284
Alright. As i wrote in a post before, the Hifiman HE1000 Stealth is a very detailed hp with a big soundstage, superb detail retrieval and a nice punchy, but not overblown bass.

I have got and like the Focal Clear OG for rock/pop/metal because it is very dynamic and punchy. It has a very good detail retrieval, a nice bass, but the soundstage is reslly small. Now its not easy to get a new OG because its not made anymore. The MG version sounds different, even warmer with more bass.

If you like a warm and bassy sound with a descent soundstage, maybe the Meze Empyrean is for you. The sound is softer and more laid back in my opinion, a very warm and forgiving sound on harsh recordings. For me it has not enough punch and bite for metal. But it is truly a beautiful and comfortable hp. You can get it for about 2000 - 2400€ even with a nice silver cable included.

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #12,266 of 12,284
Spent about a week with the Cayin HA-3A tube amp and the Arya Stealth, and I have to say this is a really solid combo for metal. The stock tubes remove some of the edginess, which makes it much better for the vast the majority of my poorly recorded metal tracks. What you also gain is an even more holographic sound and more note weight.

Similar experience with the he1000v2, but the stage is even bigger. I'm really surprised with how much of a difference this made. I avoided tube amps for years but this is really a game changer for me.

Mar 27, 2024 at 11:10 PM Post #12,268 of 12,284
Spent about a week with the Cayin HA-3A tube amp and the Arya Stealth, and I have to say this is a really solid combo for metal. The stock tubes remove some of the edginess, which makes it much better for the vast the majority of my poorly recorded metal tracks. What you also gain is an even more holographic sound and more note weight.

Similar experience with the he1000v2, but the stage is even bigger. I'm really surprised with how much of a difference this made. I avoided tube amps for years but this is really a game changer for me.
I've found that I don't really enjoy any hifimans without tubes. Really like the Arya stealth on feliks echo mkii using iFi Pro ican as preamp. Get the holographic sound and can use the xbass feature on ican.

Apr 8, 2024 at 7:05 PM Post #12,270 of 12,284
While looking for something cheap for daily use, came across many options but out of all Koss stood out, they look like a favorite at the price point. Honestly I never bothered about the hype they had but now wanting to try them out. 2 models that peaks my interest is Porta Pro’s and KPH40. I like warm dark tonality so the Porta Pro’s from what I read seemed right atleast with treble but also the bass seems a bit overdone? My library is very much death/black/grind so not sure if will sound like a muddy mess with the Porta’s. Is the KPH40’s a better option with metal? Supposedly they also have smoother treble. Anyone tried these two models?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back