Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution
Apr 22, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #1,066 of 12,322
And it was just a jazz. Imagine, what they can do with your ears, using poor recordet death metal!

Do we have a volunteers here or holy martyrs? :evil:

Ha!

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #1,067 of 12,322
  I felt the same about the Pro 900 I heard and the Edition 12 I demoed. I hated them, the ED10 was utter garbage for the price, at least to these ears. The Signature Pro and Sig DJ are good headphones as fully sealed cans which can be used portably, of course semi open headphone like the TH900 are better. I'd say that they both are in the very upper level when talking about as fully size headphone that can be used walking, on the train etc. The isolation is top notch and they are easily driven, fold down, fold flat and come with a carry case. Of course, compared to exceptional open headphones they get smoked at the price - but that is to be expected. Both of those models do not have the relentless metallic hue that the Pro 900 has or the pure treble assault of a ED10.

Exactly what I meant about their various models sounding different.

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #1,068 of 12,322
Pre-ordered some MrSpeakers Ether tonight. Obviously will report here when I have them.

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #1,070 of 12,322
  Pre-ordered some MrSpeakers Ether tonight. Obviously will report here when I have them.

Looking forward to hearing them as I think about the Dharma, HE-560 and LCD-2 to purchase later this summer. Maybe should think abut adding the Ether to the short list...

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #1,071 of 12,322
Sit down as we all have no distance to run, as we are on choker doglesh.
Agree with main post. With are roundtable words no Post.
Agree this trash can of punk to younge for punk. Punk an new word in ears.
So make Headwize eyes roll back. New word.

--
Now let's go disco look this al now your local beer fart has.
Agree to pick up , caring monument.

--
Why did I enter on here. Can not sing or play.
Deal a deal listen only.

Apr 24, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #1,072 of 12,322

Espesially interested how do Ether perform vs HE-6.

Apr 24, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #1,073 of 12,322
Espesially interested how do Ether perform vs HE-6.

That's pretty much the only consideration for me, so the comparison will be key!

Apr 24, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #1,075 of 12,322
This cans have all chances to became an end game solution for metalheads. And we're gona find out it somwhere near to begining of july according to mr. Speakers release terms

Yep, it is shaping to look that way. I notice feedback on the bass quality in particular is a bit all over the map though, and they really have their work cut out for them there since I will be comparing to the HE-6, which has the best bass I have heard anywhere (the Abyss was similar on the times I have heard that).

Apr 24, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #1,077 of 12,322
you may want to consider the alpha prime/alpha dog as they will have great isolation and great comfort. for whether you will enjoy their sound signature, only you can answer that question after you hear them.

Apr 24, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #1,078 of 12,322
Has anyone heard what the McIntosh MHP1000 sounds like? I have been told by a couple of people that is vastly superior to a Beyer T1, and others say its like a closed HD800. Further still some others say its not bright like either of them. Very intriguing being that they are closed, sealed? cans. I doubt anyone who has brought a pair tried metal with them though.

Apr 24, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #1,079 of 12,322
  Has anyone heard what the McIntosh MHP1000 sounds like? I have been told by a couple of people that is vastly superior to a Beyer T1, and others say its like a closed HD800. Further still some others say its not bright like either of them. Very intriguing being that they are closed, sealed? cans. I doubt anyone who has brought a pair tried metal with them though.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/759662/hd800-vs-he1000-mhp1000-impressions-suprises-all-around

The guy who started that thread liked it more than the HD 800 and HE1000.

Apr 25, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #1,080 of 12,322
Fostex TH900 or Ultrasone Signature Pro: how do I choose? ;_;

I have both of them and positively do like both of them )
 - 900 are my primary (and only) cans for office use. For large open space they have more than enough in and out isolation. In a small quiet room they could be a bit annoying for your neighbour.
 - For a couple of years I use Signature Pro in mid/long distance travels - throw them in a tight packed bag and do not care about possible damage - they're build like a tank. And they perform very, very well with my DX100. 
If you have to choose one of them considering sound quality only - 900 win hands down. No wonder - currently they're the very best closed cans. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back