Headphone Stands
Aug 12, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #257 of 348
Quote:
^^^ are those legos glued?

Nope! I just made sure I used "good" bricks that connected well with other bricks. Also for the arm part of the large stand, I built some crazy contraption for it to keep it sturdy haha. Without headphones, looks like a laser turret you'd find in star Wars lol.
Quote:
I did a guitar hero stand similar to that awhile back. No glue needed on that one. Just don't try it with Mega Blocks with no seals in there
tongue.gif

Sounds intriguing, care to share photos?

Aug 13, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #258 of 348
Needed some of them for something else so it's been dismantled... Don't think I ever got a pic of it together. I'll look through some pic folders to check, but I think I neglected to take any.

Wouldn't have done a decent job of hanging anything, and I'm pretty sure all of my parts that would be suitable are basically broken or lost.

Aug 13, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #259 of 348
Quote:
Needed some of them for something else so it's been dismantled... Don't think I ever got a pic of it together. I'll look through some pic folders to check, but I think I neglected to take any.
Wouldn't have done a decent job of hanging anything, and I'm pretty sure all of my parts that would be suitable are basically broken or lost.

Ahh, I see. Well it's no big deal if you can't find anything, I don't want you to have to go digging around for some pics just cause a random guy on the internet was curious haha! But thank you!

Aug 13, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #260 of 348
I guess I didn't take any as it would have been on my phone and I don't see it there.

It looked a lot like your big one's vertical column, but the base was giant and it had, essentially a cavity in the center of it to fit the plastic les paul's curves and the strap button without tipping over.

That rainbow mess was hideous though. At least yours is somewhat coherent in colors used. I think I may try some K'nex actually. The hard drive stand thing I built looks pretty good, so I'm curious what kind of successes I can get from a headphone stand now.

Still thinking I'll end up with wood or metal for the sake of visual consistency in the room, but this could end up being the stand in the workshop area... maybe

Aug 13, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #261 of 348
Quote:
I guess I didn't take any as it would have been on my phone and I don't see it there.
It looked a lot like your big one's vertical column, but the base was giant and it had, essentially a cavity in the center of it to fit the plastic les paul's curves and the strap button without tipping over.
That rainbow mess was hideous though. At least yours is somewhat coherent in colors used. I think I may try some K'nex actually. The hard drive stand thing I built looks pretty good, so I'm curious what kind of successes I can get from a headphone stand now.
Still thinking I'll end up with wood or metal for the sake of visual consistency in the room, but this could end up being the stand in the workshop area... maybe

Well thanks for looking anyway! I got a pretty good visualization from your description. As for the brick colors, yeah haha I had a lot of greys whites and blacks so it doesn't all that bad, but like I said, I may paint them black, so it looks a little less childish lol. K'nex actually isn't that bad of an idea! I don't own any, but my friend had a TON back in the day. Dunno if he still has them though.

Jan 25, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #265 of 348
Quote:

Ultrasone 900 Pro with CA Electronics HS-1 stands

(on the background the Audioengine A5+ and Corsair 800D if curious)

i like thoose headphone stand... 

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #267 of 348
Quote:
Terrible for your headphones, crushes the pads, stretches the headband. Good thing they used beats in the picture.

I thought you were referring to the post by Eagle1911, but finally I found what you were referring and I tend to agree with you.

Also it won't be ideal for headphone with larger pads.

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #268 of 348
I needed a stands that can hang my headphones securely when out-of-the wooden box or carrying case.  Ideally one that is able to keep the pads from crushing, and headband from stretching.  I did fond a real nice one, designed specifically for my headphone.  But it was quite costly, and shipping from Europe would not be cheap. And so after a couple of days pondering, and by trial and error, build this one which I liked, as much.

This DIY stand is secured to a table via clamp.  The stand is out of brass tubing and very thick solid wire with very soft nylon mesh sleeving used for audio cables. The solid wire is designed to slightly flex and adjust to the headband's shape.  The foams are for extra cushioning and protection to the soft leather. The Pads do slightly touch but does not cause the soft foam pads to compress.   I added a hook to hang the extra length of a long cable.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back