Headphone Stands
Jan 30, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #286 of 348
  Anyone else using the Copper Colour aluminum headphones stands? Im REALLY liking that black one and they can be found for usually around $50 or so.

Meh, nevermind. After looking at the dimensions and realizing this model is only 8cm where at the Omega stands are usually almost 12cm, this one is too narrow for most high end cans. Well the search continues.

Feb 25, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #287 of 348
Right, so instead of making a new thread, I thought posting here would be more appropriate.

So a question about headphones in particular. I have a headphone rack that's basically a stand in the middle and a wooden dowel extending from both sides.

I'm afraid to put my headphones with pleather headbands on it because it leaves a semi-permanent indent in the center of the headband where the headphone rests on. If I leave the headphone on the dowel too long, will this indent be permanent?

Also, I have AKG Q701's, in which it's an auto-adjusting headband. Placing the headphone on it can cause the mechanisms to expand, similar to placing them on my own head. Will this shorten the longevity of the auto-adjusting mechanics?

I just want to protect the headphones and I plan on keeping them for a while.

Feb 25, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #289 of 348
  Right, so instead of making a new thread, I thought posting here would be more appropriate.

So a question about headphones in particular. I have a headphone rack that's basically a stand in the middle and a wooden dowel extending from both sides.

I'm afraid to put my headphones with pleather headbands on it because it leaves a semi-permanent indent in the center of the headband where the headphone rests on. If I leave the headphone on the dowel too long, will this indent be permanent?

Also, I have AKG Q701's, in which it's an auto-adjusting headband. Placing the headphone on it can cause the mechanisms to expand, similar to placing them on my own head. Will this shorten the longevity of the auto-adjusting mechanics?

I just want to protect the headphones and I plan on keeping them for a while.

Depending on how long you leave them on there, yep, it sure will. Thats why its important to use/have a headphone stand that has a nice curve to it. Check out the Sennheiser HH-10 for something a bit less expensive. I own many of them and have used them for years: LINK

Mar 16, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #290 of 348

Yes the "famous" banana holder. This one is from Walmart. For $6, cant complain :D

Apr 3, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #292 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_r_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Check out the Sennheiser HH-10 for something a bit less expensive. I own many of them and have used them for years: LINK

Agree. The HH-10 has my preference over stands. Non obtrusive sturdy yet relatively cheap piece of kit.

@r_aquarii Looks quite good and like it can carry two heavier larger headphones. But it seems a bit clumsy to work with if you want to grab the headphone that's second. On the other hand, if the second is the one that's get much less use it's allright I guess.

Apr 3, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #293 of 348
  just got this in my email
what do you guys think?

I've been looking for a stand like this for quite a while! Is it available for purchase? I looked everywhere on the site, but didn't find it!

Apr 3, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #295 of 348
I've just been using this 1800 bottle forever. Flat top on the stopper distributes weight fairly evenly.

Recently picked up a few new headphones though, so I need a better solution for multiple headphones (Besides more tequila bottles)

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #298 of 348

I bought this coat rack on ebay and added my own vintage railroad number nails to hang the cords from. Keeping with the railroad theme I added some insulators from my collection to the shelf.

Apr 6, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #299 of 348
Very cool solution! Also though about making something similar because I have very little table space for HP stand.

Apr 9, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #300 of 348
stylistically, I'm pretty set on the Woo Audio HPS-H stand (the cheaper one) for my Senn HD 598s though the only thing thats preventing me from purchasing it is that I'm worried that it could possibly damage my the headband of my headphones. Could it possibly damage the headband? more specifically the 598s headband?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back