headphone sightings?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2007 at 9:36 AM Post #797 of 855
Recently I've noticed a lot of the Japanese exchange students have PX100s. I don't know why.

The other day I saw someone with a Grado SR60 at the student health center. It took me awhile to figure out what they were as it's been quite some time since I've seen someone other than myself wear them. Was tempted to say something but he put them back on and seemed to be enjoying himself too much.

Can't say I blame him. I need to bring my HF-1s out again one of these days. I just get too worried something might happen to them. Plus HD25-1s are so very durable that I stopped babying them quite some time ago.

Nov 30, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #798 of 855
Around Boston, especially on the T, it seems that iBuds outnumber all others combined by 3 or 4 to 1. Of the minority, various Sony cans are most prevalent, from earbuds to streetstyle, supraaural, and even the occasional circumaural. A fair number of Bose QC2 and QC3 on the subway. I've seen a few PX-100, and even rode an elevator with someone wearing PXC-250. I'm a bit surprised not to see many IEM's on the subway--the only reason I own mine.

A coworker a couple cubicles over has some cheap supraaural Sony cans. The other day I overheard someone remarking that she must be "serious" about sound quality, I guess because of the size of the cans; I put my PK2's in my ears and laughed quietly to myself.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #799 of 855
While on a recent trip/walk over from my University to the neighboring community college with a class, I noticed someone (perhaps a professor or older student) in the hallway talking on his cellphone. To my surprise though, was that he had a pair of headphones around his neck.. Bose QC3s >_<

Never seen any ordered headphone here before, so I was pleasantly surprised. But it just did have to be a Bose though, ugh.

Dec 5, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #801 of 855
I saw some Bose IEMs recently, and to my surprise, someone walking on the road had Alessandro MS-2!
eek.gif
Or perhaps the SR-325, but it had no buttons, so I think they were MS-2s.

Dec 8, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #802 of 855
I live in Hong Kong, and I saw silver Audio Technica ES7s on a pretty girl's head on the MTR last week. Saw Grado SR-60s on the bus and another pair of AKGs on the bus a few days ago. The Grados totally took me by surprise.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh yeah, lots of people walk around with Panasonic's RP-HTX7s. Saw a pair of HTX9s on a teen's head a few days ago too. I've been paying attention to what people are listening with recently.

Dec 8, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #803 of 855
I live in Toronto, it seems like alot of students at my school are using Sony buds and the Panasonic's RP-HTX9s are gaining popularity. I've seen about 4-5 of those Panasonics.

Dec 8, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #805 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by idunno /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Around Boston, especially on the T, it seems that iBuds outnumber all others combined by 3 or 4 to 1. Of the minority, various Sony cans are most prevalent, from earbuds to streetstyle, supraaural, and even the occasional circumaural. A fair number of Bose QC2 and QC3 on the subway. I've seen a few PX-100, and even rode an elevator with someone wearing PXC-250. I'm a bit surprised not to see many IEM's on the subway--the only reason I own mine.

A coworker a couple cubicles over has some cheap supraaural Sony cans. The other day I overheard someone remarking that she must be "serious" about sound quality, I guess because of the size of the cans; I put my PK2's in my ears and laughed quietly to myself.
smily_headphones1.gif

keep an eye out, my friend wears HD201s in public and I wear my westone UM1 IEMs all the time
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 8, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #806 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
keep an eye out, my friend wears HD201s in public and I wear my westone UM1 IEMs all the time
smily_headphones1.gif

On my walk to work from Charlestown into Boston I've seen someone wearing Grados a couple of times (same person I think). Not sure which model though. I really don't want to get caught staring close enough to read the button.
eek.gif

Also, I think I saw someone with the portable stax around the same area though I'm not 100% about those.

I used to use my UM2s, then super fi 3s then 5s and now PK1s or ES7s.

Dec 8, 2007 at 4:24 AM Post #807 of 855
Spoke to a guy at work about his UE Super.fi 5s. I saw him wearing them and asked his opinion, hoping he'd be an experienced head-fi type person. Turns out he wasn't and had no benchmark for comparison, but it was still worthwhile. Poor guy paid $300 for them from an Apple store though.
tongue.gif

Dec 8, 2007 at 1:39 PM Post #808 of 855
At school or around it:

One guy had a special edition 595, red. Very nice looking, I talked to him about it a bit, he might have been a head-fier, since he knew this info.

A girl with a Beyer DT250 (What? Well, nice anyway)

A guy on a bike, perhaps several guys on several bikes, with a PX100. I woned that one for a day, lol.

And several hundred iBuds, cheap Sony earbuds, standard Samsuns ones from phones, and Z-class cheapos. Hardly anyone has anything real good, the best I saw were the 595's and I believe I beat them now with my Dt880 05. Then again, what can't I beat with those? Hd650's perhaps? :p

Dec 10, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #810 of 855
i saw a homeless person with a HD595. I'm serious, this homeless guy in the middle of Boston, a shipping cart filled with trash and listening to a HD595 + CD player.

I wonder if he stole it

edit:
also saw a student with a custom Ultimate Ear... not sure which line it is though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back