Headphone Sightings 2
May 1, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #8,762 of 12,415
Quote:
if a girl/boy that you were attracted to had beats and you couldn't persuade her/him any differently and s/he said s/he wanted to be your girl/boyfriend what would you do?

Quote:
If you would reject a cute girl because of the brand of headphones she is wearing, you might be taking this hobby a little too seriously. Just a thought.

Dudes, I was not serious. All I wanted to say was, who wears that Beats stuff just to look cool or thinks that thing is the new fashion is not nice. This idea is pushing me away. Someone who thinks that basic can't match with my interests anyway.

May 1, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #8,763 of 12,415
Quote:
Hey beats are nice you know....
smily_headphones1.gif

They can be 'nice' out of my sight. Really couldn't be more disgusted with these things. I think what is worse than Dr. Dre's marketing is, it works on stupid teenagers and people who doesn't understand from music at all. They buy it just because it is fasion. They think that Beats stuff is making them 'cool'. Yea' cool, my **s.

Even basshead people doesn't like Beats, seriously couldn't it be worse than that? I don't even want to talk about pricing of these.

May 1, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #8,767 of 12,415
Quote:
It's 1500 posts - but it's just a title and doesn't really mean anything.

Don't assume because someone has "HS" status that they are necessarily an expert.

Look at someone's gear, their posts, their reviews, even their musical tastes. All are important when considering potential advice.

There are some posters here with low post counts (in comparison to time as a member) who give excellent advice. There are also those with higher post counts that can sometimes contribute more noise than usable advice. The trick is taking the time to work out who is who
wink.gif

Phenomenal advice! Just because someone posts 10+ times a day doesn't make them an expert!

May 1, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #8,768 of 12,415
Quote:
Two drivers are good, four are better :D

ACTUALLY, four drivers good, two drivers better. Remember? Napoleon made the pigs walk on two legs by the end of the story..... 
“The creatures outside looked from Beats to Garbage, and from garbage to beats, and from beats to garbage again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.” 

May 1, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #8,769 of 12,415
Shure 315 in-ears on the blue line today. Haven't seen any of those in a little while. 

May 1, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #8,771 of 12,415
I think it's fun to look around at what people are wearing. Most of the expensive ones I see though are the Beats HD

May 1, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #8,772 of 12,415
Quote:
I think it's fun to look around at what people are wearing. Most of the expensive ones I see though are the Beats HD

I know!!! drives me mad. People can't see further than the popularity ratings on currys, amazon, ebay e.t.c. not to criticize the shops, they're just saying what most people buy and trying to make money, but people should look harder and instead of buying beats because they're a popular fad, they should go for headphones that sound good. I think common 'good' headphone brands (shure, sennheiser, akg) need to step up the ante in terms of fashion, looking towards v-moda, I think they could really take a leaf out of Val Kolton's book and then they'd become a fashion fad, but we'd all be inwardly smiling because it's the sound quality and we'll have finally found headphones that audiophiles and normal people like!!! (yay) 

May 2, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #8,774 of 12,415
Quote:
I know!!! drives me mad. People can't see further than the popularity ratings on currys, amazon, ebay e.t.c. not to criticize the shops, they're just saying what most people buy and trying to make money, but people should look harder and instead of buying beats because they're a popular fad, they should go for headphones that sound good. I think common 'good' headphone brands (shure, sennheiser, akg) need to step up the ante in terms of fashion, looking towards v-moda, I think they could really take a leaf out of Val Kolton's book and then they'd become a fashion fad, but we'd all be inwardly smiling because it's the sound quality and we'll have finally found headphones that audiophiles and normal people like!!! (yay) 

I agree! The Beats aren't terrible but they are terribly overprice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back