Headphone Sightings 2
Mar 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #8,491 of 12,415
Quote:
I know what you mean. Everyone here has a macbook and they leave them lying around.
I always see a couple left unattended in the library. People leave them there to save their spot. I'm thinking it's insane. If I really wanted to I could go sit down infront of it, pretend I'm the owner, pack it up and leave.

Anyway, been seeing lots of M50s in Montreal.

Lucky. I guess you Canadians actually understand audio. USA=Mainstream. I just realized...I've never seen any of the hipsters at my school with headphones, but if they avoid mainstream stuff, maybe they have decent cans. I should start hanging out with them.

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #8,493 of 12,415
It was a pleasure to roam around a new city for a week with no beats on any human head/neck/leg seen.  Most I saw was Pioneer and Sony on-ears.  Then Audio Technicas from the ladies (AT seems to be more popular in this country since I see more of them than Beats, in public).  One night on a dark alley, I crossed path with someone with a high profile headphone on.  I didn't know he was staring at my over-ears until I got close and looked up to check his headphones-- too dark to recognize.  Unfortunately he shied away.  
I visited the largest department store in the world (according to them... whatever) and stopped over their headphone displays.  The attendants looked at me strangely as I wince on every corner seeing nothing but Beats and House of Marley headphones.  I suppose it's understandable since it's a "fashion immersed" mall with very little electronics content.

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #8,496 of 12,415
You know, IEMs are really hard to identify... Usually I just see skullcandy, Apple, etc. but from time to time I do see some odd looking IEMs that I can't really recognize; I mean, they're no IE8s or GR07s but they aren't the usual fare. Likewise, I wonder if anyone would be able to notice my HA-FX700s

Mar 14, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #8,497 of 12,415
DT770 monitors (or whatever the all black variant is) on the train home today.

Mar 14, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #8,498 of 12,415
Quote:
You know, IEMs are really hard to identify... Usually I just see skullcandy, Apple, etc. but from time to time I do see some odd looking IEMs that I can't really recognize; I mean, they're no IE8s or GR07s but they aren't the usual fare. Likewise, I wonder if anyone would be able to notice my HA-FX700s

Same with me.  There are some IEMs out of the norm that I noticed but it just makes people feel weird if you come near them to scrutinize their ear (especially with my poor eyesight).  But I did see someone with a trotting silver horse on his IEM.  Probably a Ferrari.

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #8,499 of 12,415
Saw someone going for a run with Beyerdynamic DT770's on. 
biggrin.gif

For a run? 
popcorn.gif
 haha

The other day I was in my high school guitar class, and It was nearing the end of the hour. I was looking around and talking to my friends when out of the corner of my eye I see a logo..... This kid was wearing a Sennheiser HD 280 Pro! Amazing! All I ever see are beats and skullcandys at my school. I went over and talked to him.. We are friends now... 
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #8,500 of 12,415
Here in Finland it seems like Koss Porta Pro is easily the most popular choice of headphones you see around town (besides the usual cheapo earbuds). Saw a pair of typical Beats and a Sony MDR-XB500 today on the way home also.

Mar 14, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #8,501 of 12,415
Quote:

For a run? 
popcorn.gif
 haha

The other day I was in my high school guitar class, and It was nearing the end of the hour. I was looking around and talking to my friends when out of the corner of my eye I see a logo..... This kid was wearing a Sennheiser HD 280 Pro! Amazing! All I ever see are beats and skullcandys at my school. I went over and talked to him.. We are friends now... 
biggrin.gif

Nice! Yeah, once in awhile I see people with Sennheiser HD 280 Pro's on at my university campus. I don't know how people can handle that clamp though, when I tried them it felt like my head was being squashed. 
frown.gif

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #8,503 of 12,415
Saw a pair of HD25's today on campus. And a few Bose headphones... those seem to be popular with the other engineers for some reason. I think the desire for a well-engineered and high performing product is there, but the research isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back