Headphone Sightings 2
Mar 11, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #8,476 of 12,415
Quote:
Staring at a girl wearing monoprice 8323 headphones. I wonder if she'll notice my hd800

Umm...HD800s in public? What are you using to drive those things?

Mar 11, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #8,478 of 12,415
Quote:
Indeed.. Do you bring a backpack amp lol

Always wanted to put a laptop in a bag with an amp and a DAC and just walk around rocking out.

Mar 11, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #8,479 of 12,415
Staring at a girl wearing monoprice 8323 headphones. I wonder if she'll notice my hd800

Umm...HD800s in public? What are you using to drive those things?

IPod classic 5th gen> CLAS > O2 > HD800
One of my favorite setups to date and 100% portable as everything runs on battery.
I only bring them when I know I'll have long breaks at school.

Mar 11, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #8,481 of 12,415
One of my favorite setups to date and 100% portable as everything runs on battery.

Going to school while bringing thousands of dollars worth of equipment? Don't you worry about damages or thefts? Man you are one rich/lucky sob LOL where do you even get all this money to pay for school and fund your audiophile cravings!

Mar 11, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #8,482 of 12,415

Going to school while bringing thousands of dollars worth of equipment? Don't you worry about damages or thefts? Man you are one rich/lucky sob LOL where do you even get all this money to pay for school and fund your audiophile cravings!

Education in Canada is fairly cheap, even the private school I go to. People leave their macbooks lying around. I don't think people know about sennheiser, much less about the value of the HD800. I also keep them with me at all times

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #8,483 of 12,415
Quote:
Education in Canada is fairly cheap, even the private school I go to. People leave their macbooks lying around. I don't think people know about sennheiser, much less about the value of the HD800. I also keep them with me at all times

You see, at my school people get their locks cut in the locker room and all their stuff stolen even if they lock it up.  The school security consists of a bunch of obese men some of which call their student friends that one racist word for African Americans.  They really wouldn't Care if you got your $1,000 headphones stolen seeing as that's what the make in a month. 

End of rant.  

I've seen two pairs of these ugly, ugly, cheap looking "Sharper Image" headphones.  I don't even want to imagine what they sound like.  Also some freshman that used to have beats mixers *upgraded* to executives or what ever they're called.

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #8,484 of 12,415
Quote:
You see, at my school people get their locks cut in the locker room and all their stuff stolen even if they lock it up.  The school security consists of a bunch of obese men some of which call their student friends that one racist word for African Americans.  They really wouldn't Care if you got your $1,000 headphones stolen seeing as that's what the make in a month. 

End of rant.  

I've seen two pairs of these ugly, ugly, cheap looking "Sharper Image" headphones.  I don't even want to imagine what they sound like.  Also some freshman that used to have beats mixers *upgraded* to executives or what ever they're called.

Well, I bring pretty expensive stuff to school. I usually keep it with me. My gym padlock is pretty much impenetrable. I pick locks as a hobby, I can't come close to opening it. Neither can my neighbors 18" bolt cutters. I also live in a really rich neighborhood, not much theft going on.

Mar 11, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #8,485 of 12,415

I hear that. They'll break into a locker just to rip apart the gym clothes and toss your stick of DO. You'll get jacked for your PortaPros, son!

Mar 11, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #8,486 of 12,415
I'm in Edmonton, and even though my undergrad is only about 6-7k a year and people leave their Macbooks everywhere, **** gets stolen every now and then still lol. Ah well, it's nice to hear you can enjoy them!

Back on topic, some shure 840s today.

Mar 12, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #8,488 of 12,415
Bose QC3 on the Light Rail. Other than that, a bunch of generic in-ears, earbuds, and headphones.

Mar 12, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #8,489 of 12,415
Saw someone going for a run with Beyerdynamic DT770's on. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #8,490 of 12,415
I'm in Edmonton, and even though my undergrad is only about 6-7k a year and people leave their Macbooks everywhere, **** gets stolen every now and then still lol. Ah well, it's nice to hear you can enjoy them!

Back on topic, some shure 840s today.

I know what you mean. Everyone here has a macbook and they leave them lying around.
I always see a couple left unattended in the library. People leave them there to save their spot. I'm thinking it's insane. If I really wanted to I could go sit down infront of it, pretend I'm the owner, pack it up and leave.

Anyway, been seeing lots of M50s in Montreal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back