Headphone Sightings 2
Feb 20, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #8,401 of 12,415
Quote:
So the trend in my school right now is Beats. I think I have seen about 5 pairs total? They all just showed up out of nowhere. A kid in my class that had the Beats Solos just upgraded to Studios over the weekend... kill me now. He thinks he's such hot ****, trashing my Ultrasones saying his Studios would blow them away. Pisses me off. 
mad.gif

Aaaaanyways, back to sightings. Couple seconds later I see this kid wearing these old beat up headphones, I asked what brand they were and he took them off and said "Uhhhh I dunno I found em on the side of the road. They are decent" They were over ear, black, and had like a little silver ball type thing in the center of the cups that said "Compact Disc" but then he walked off before I got a better look. Anyone know what they are? Just curious cause I have never seen the "Compact Disc" logo on headphones lol. I just assumed they were something cheap.

They sound like a pair that I use as sleeping headphones. (decent sound, little clamping, very tough)

But I don't know the name of them either, I bought them off of a mate.

Feb 20, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #8,403 of 12,415
A pair of Monster Inspiration Noise canceling ... pretty good looking in person. 

Feb 20, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #8,405 of 12,415
Tonight at the gym (went back to do some abs) 

what it looked like a Panasonic HTF600. Also white Sony on-ears. Things are picking up slowly.
wink.gif

Feb 21, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #8,406 of 12,415
Dude wearing Sennheiser HD25-i II's on my blue line train this morning. 

Feb 21, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #8,407 of 12,415
Meh... more of the typical Beats garbage on the MTR. Pretty ironic since Beats are supposed to "stand out", but now that everyone has them, I'm the standout with my FXT90's 
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #8,409 of 12,415
**** ton of earpods, a few Sony ZX100's

Feb 23, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #8,411 of 12,415
On campus (technological university), I've ofcourse seen a lot of beats. But what surprises me is the amount of Sennheiser HD25's I see (5 so far), I've got myself a pair aswell so it's easy for me to spot them. I usually see them on the head of fellow students biking to their respective building. I've also seen quite a few AiAiAi TMA's.
I've seen a few family members (maybe 3 of them) of the new Philips Citiscape, they're very cheap here in Holland, the uptown is MRSP $150, but here they sell for €70.

The rarest one I've seen was a Sennheiser HD800 in the uni's library, he was sitting alone in a conference/meeting room, that u have to rent. He had an iBasso amp with him, I don't know which model. I was flabbergasted when I saw the headphone and the portable amp. I walked by his room a couple of times to get a good look and I really wanted to get a good look on his goods. It was really surprising to see them, even more surprising on a 'poor' student's head.

Seen a few Pioneer, AKG's, don't know which model, just saw the brand/logo on the headphone.

I think the reason why I see so many 'good' headphones is because I study at a technical uni. Geeks and people with geeky attributes, we like to do research on items and possible goodies we buy.

When I go to 'underground' dubstep parties or something similar, with a dj booth, I see a lot of DJ's wearing the HD 25's. I went to a festival where I saw Steve Aoki and he was wearing HD25's aswell. So I've seen a lot of HD25's lol.

Feb 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #8,414 of 12,415
Not headphone but I saw a girl with a pair of clear shell custom UE IEM on the train this morning.  You don't usually see many females into this hobby so that was very cool to see.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back