Headphone Sightings 2
Feb 4, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #8,282 of 12,415
Saw a pair of Yamaha EPH-100s in my gym class today. Asked the owner why he was wearing $150 IEMs to work out with, just because I myslef and worried about the cable on my Klipsch X10s. He told me that the interesting looking triple flange tips they come with stay in VERY well.

Feb 5, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #8,283 of 12,415
This happened a few years ago, but it thought it would be worth mentioning. I used to be a background performer (extra) and on the set of Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, the dude holding the boom mic was using Beats to monitor. I'm not kidding. More recently: Bose. Everywhere.

Feb 5, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #8,284 of 12,415
Quote:
This happened a few years ago, but it thought it would be worth mentioning. I used to be a background performer (extra) and on the set of Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, the dude holding the boom mic was using Beats to monitor. I'm not kidding.

In that role he needs isolation and a signal, more than fidelity - so the beats actually probably worked ok, and about the same price as HD25 II's which functionally, for that role would have been the same ... but that is funny. 

Feb 6, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #8,285 of 12,415
Ha! I also saw some momentums for the first time today. Some guy on the bus, they seemed smaller in person though, but nicely understated in a stylish way.
Other than that porta pros and akg k518s everywhere. Occasional B&W and beats...

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #8,287 of 12,415
Yesterday I went to the gym (during the day) for the first time in months. Since it was packed, I hoped to see something good but NOTHING. NADA. Plenty of Ross / DD's / Walmart low budget - crazy colors - generic headphones.

Maybe there were some good iem's hidden somewhere, but as far as headphones my RP-HTX7's were still the kings of the gym. Imagine when I get my M100!!! Fools will be mirin hard or laughing at my "hipster" cans without any idea how good they are.

Orlando, FL ...

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #8,288 of 12,415
Quote:
Ha! I also saw some momentums for the first time today. Some guy on the bus, they seemed smaller in person though, but nicely understated in a stylish way.
Other than that porta pros and akg k518s everywhere. Occasional B&W and beats...

PortaPros and AKGs everywhere. And "occasional" Beats. I am moving to wherever you live. Like, tomorrow. I'm not joking.

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #8,289 of 12,415
Some guy at my work picked up a pair of citiscape uptowns, and if anyone is was near the university of guelph you might have seen me wearing my dt770 pro 80's and yes i was also using an amp and flac files off my s3.

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #8,290 of 12,415
Last week I saw a guy using Westone 4, this week I saw someone else wearing Westone 4. Pretty surprised seeing them that often, since they cost quite a bit. Other mentions are the Apple Earpods, and more Beats. 

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #8,291 of 12,415
Saw a parrot zik, looks sexy, never buying it though.

A couple of momentums, a full size sony XB series, dunno which one. Not bad Toronto, not bad. 

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #8,295 of 12,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender323

PortaPros and AKGs everywhere. And "occasional" Beats. I am moving to wherever you live. Like, tomorrow. I'm not joking.

Welcome to Sweden :D

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back