Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 17, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #8,117 of 12,415
One of my teachers has a pair of M-50s he uses occasionally, I've seen a couple other pairs of M-50s, and my friend loves his A900s. I couldn't talk my best friend out of getting something other than the Executive Beats for Christmas :frowning2:

Jan 17, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #8,119 of 12,415
Quote:

Head-Fi is the only place I've ever heard of someone calling a set of headphones "cans". No wonder she didn't get it. 
eek.gif

IKR. I was watching a movie the other week, and this girl (obviously w/ implants, no less) has on a pair of Senns, and I say, "Wow, nice cans."

My parents were in the room. damn.

Jan 18, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #8,121 of 12,415
Odd selections though... 

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #8,123 of 12,415
I don't think I've ever seen anyone recommend the SE315. Not when the SE215 is so similar, yet so much cheaper. IO might have to see if I can write a segment for my uni paper. LCD2 and Stax SR07 as "budget" options anyone?
o2smile.gif

Jan 18, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #8,124 of 12,415
Avicii with the HD650s (600?) (and MX518) in his studio.

Other than that not much besides more Beats after Christmas, and some kids wearing the Executives all day in school.

Jan 18, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #8,125 of 12,415
Quote:
Does this count as a sighting? It was in our school's daily newspaper. No Beats!
biggrin.gif

Ho Schiit, Innerfidelity is in there! *I didn't actually read the article yet*

That's so cool.

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #8,126 of 12,415
I am at my college right this second and I see a guy wearing a pair of Sony xb-500's. Interesting... First sighting I have EVER seen that isnt beats lol :D

edit: About 5 minutes later saw some more sony headphones. I believe MDR V6's.... damn dudes got some good taste :p

Jan 18, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #8,128 of 12,415
Quote:
Does this count as a sighting? It was in our school's daily newspaper. No Beats!
biggrin.gif

lol RS1i.

Jan 18, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #8,129 of 12,415
Quote:
Sorry for sorta off topic but do we have a thread for people to find others at like their college (or school)? Search didn't really yield anything recent...

Back in my early days here on Head-Fi, I started a thread about what kind of people are in this community...ah here it is. I got some responses from fellow college folks. And yeah the threads are kind of dead at the moment. XD
http://www.head-fi.org/t/542143/just-to-get-a-feel-as-to-whos-in-this-community

I participated a bit in this student audiophile thread too:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/541634/being-a-student-audiophile

Quote:
Quote:
biggrin.gif

lol RS1i.

I don't even recall hearing of the RS1i before. On the other hand, I can't think of any other headphone in that price range though other than the HiFiMAN HE-500 which is hard to drive. A Sennheiser HD650 probably would have been a better choice I think.

WAIT A SEC! I think I remember seeing a guy walking around campus with an RS1i! Maybe that was the author and he has a bias for it. I must find this guy! >:D
Yup, I found my old post.
Quote:
Apart from the sea of Beats headphones, I saw an HD558, HD201, Sony MDR7506, Sony XB_00 (they all look the same to me), Sony MDRNC7, Sol Republic Amps HD, Sol Republic Tracks.

I also found this kind of funny:

^ nice job wearing Sony headphones on a Sol Republic webpage

And holy moly, I just realized someone on campus was listening to a pair of Grado RS_i headphone. Jeeze.....~$500+ spent on open-back headphones and walking around campus on the first day of school when everyone is walking about. >.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back