Headphone Sightings 2
Dec 2, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #7,861 of 12,415
Beats...and beats...and (fake) beats... urg. 
I saw two guys with Sony XB-300. The new ultracheap XB-400 has widely infested stores so I expect them to become quite popular in the following months. I HATE their flashy colors. Has anyone tried them? How do they compare with the XB-500 which I heards were pretty competent.

Dec 3, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #7,863 of 12,415
Just black Beats Studios today. He was wearing it in a sort-of on-ear way.. and the headband is so stretched it looks like it's gonna break anytime soon.

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #7,866 of 12,415

A couple of pairs of these within seconds of each other, except in a green I've not seen before. They might have been something else, but it occurs to me that these or something like them are everywhere.

I'll bet some store in town has 1000s of 'em.

Dec 3, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #7,867 of 12,415
Probably urban outfitters or something. Panasonic is trying to be hip. 

I see a lot of faux vintage styles by WESC as well - mostly not worth the money. 

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #7,868 of 12,415
I worked at urban I told everyone not to buy their headphones or cameras btw those panasonics they are good for their price

Dec 3, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #7,870 of 12,415
Guy sitting on a bus bench near the edge of Beverly Hills wearing black Beats Pro. We made eye contact and exchanged glances at eachother's headphones. Was tempted to give him a listen to my DT1350's. Wasn't till I passed him i realized he was prolly thinking I was envious with my "funny looking" little headphones. If only he knew.

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #7,872 of 12,415
like every other post here, i saw about 5 pairs of beats today worn by the hip-hop crowd at a college i'm taking a two week course at. 

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #7,873 of 12,415
Quote:
Guy sitting on a bus bench near the edge of Beverly Hills wearing black Beats Pro. We made eye contact and exchanged glances at eachother's headphones. Was tempted to give him a listen to my DT1350's. Wasn't till I passed him i realized he was prolly thinking I was envious with my "funny looking" little headphones. If only he knew.

Haha. Happens to me every time with my DT1350s as well.

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #7,874 of 12,415
i remember letting at least 2 people in my Electronics class to try out my Grado SR80i's

one said they sound "dope"

the other said they sound pretty good, and also wanted to know where I got it.

and yes, they both said they let in alot of outside noise... well, sacrifice noise isolation for sound.

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #7,875 of 12,415
Quote:
5 pairs.. D: And he claims to know headphones.. Why don't you introduce him to Head-Fi? Just a crazy idea.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I am gonna let him listen to my DJ1s once I find the perfect song to for sure make his jaw drop. 
basshead.gif

This is a kid that blindly takes all the colorful adjectives that Monster slaps on the Beats packaging as fact when they don't release any detailed specs. And he has the mindset of "more bass = better sound"
Not to mention he loves mainstream rap and hip-hop, which I find very hard to find anything that gives me that wow factor in that genre. It all sounds so stupidly simple and artificial to me, personal opinion.. Anyways I am sure I am over thinking it and any song will blow him away lol
Quote:
Maybe they're just listening to a podcast or something? How do you know?

Nah they are listening to music. Every Beats user in my school does that whole 1 earcup off thing (even the kids with the Studios) I ask what they are listening to and its always rap. So I reason it like "At least they aren't missing any good music" Because I personally dislike rap 
tongue.gif
 But yeah I can't do that, when I had my earbuds and listened with 1 bud out I would start a song, then my friend would start talking to me, next thing I knew another song was starting! I'm like "Dammit I didn't even catch that sweet solo!!!"
I just don't get why they invest so much money into "high quality" headphones just to passively listen to music and not even pay attention to it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back